DAily Living Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrea4, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

I got this in the mail on Sat and I've been trying to work on it. It's so hard! They give you these tiny spaces and ask you to describe what you can do and not and how things have changed. it's making me feel even more depressed and i keep crying. i've had 3 panic attacks since trying to fill this out because i am so scared. i cant find the right words to use and i keep getting stuck.

anyone else have troubnle with theirs? how did you get thru it? i feel sick..i think i might throw up. i am such a loser now compared to who i was.
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Filling one out for my LTD..............Took me a week to fill out.........It was hars with the small spaces but I did it and I also attached a few letters from friends on how much I have changed......They were copies of the same letters I used for my hearing with SSD.

You can do it I did.

Sue
  3. luv2float

luv2float New Member

When you start to feel the least bit stressed, set it down, and go do something you like. It's not worth getting upset over. My initial form took me 3 months to fill out, when I told my attorney this she included it in her comments to SS.

I think these forms are made this way to make people think twice about applying, it's a real hassle but worth it in the end.

Hang in there! I know what you mean when you say "compared to who i was"
  4. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

they ask for the names of 2 other people who know how my illnesses affects me. there is no one else for me to put down. other than my doctors, my therapist and my husband, i dont have any friends. its too hard. its so time consuming trying to care for me and my 2 kids let alone go find some friends and try to socialize. anyone else in the same boat?
  5. cstraley3

cstraley3 New Member

Hi Sue,

My hearing for SS dis is in two weeks (for FMS/CFS) and I have been so stressed I can't think straight. You mentioned letters from family/friends. Are those allowed as 'witness' statements?

Any advice/help is appreciated.

Cindy
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...fill out these I always had them fill out the worse possible day. I would advise you do the same thing. I found that saying anyhting else was not apple pie enough for the compilers.

For eg. Do you need help with hygiene? Well somedays I had clients who had shaking hands who were unable to shave that day, so I had them write in "need help with shaving due to shaking hands"

I just found that when clients tried to say they also had some good days, all the compilers then seemed to see was GOOD DAYS, even if they were like 30 days out of 365(6)'

Good luck.

Anne C
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Yes they were. I also had a letter from my former employer.She told them in the letter how many hours I worked 50 to 60 and never missed a day except for when this DD started.She also told them that I had tried to return a few times but could not function............I was also in charge of 250 associates at one time and my position included lots of walking lifting and climbing.

I gave the letters to my attorney and she sent them on to the judge before my hearing.To tell you the truth I do believe those letters did it for me and the judge asked very few ? I also told her that who in there right mind would give up a 4000.00 a month job for 704.00 a month.

Be your self be honest and you will be fine.She gave me a bench approval and said that she had no reason not to believe me.That I was honest and sincere.

Good luck.

Sue
  8. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Your husband can also write a letter and any other family members.They take it all into consideration.

Sue
  9. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

i dont really speak to any of my other family members. they sent my husband a big fat packet of questions about me already.
  10. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

i am still working on this thing and i keep crying. its so hard to put into words all of your failings and describe that i am now jsut a shadow of who i was. everything i write sounds dumb.
  11. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

try composing your answers on like your WORD program on your computer. Also do you know someone who could help you word things right?

There is a book called The Fibromyalgia Advocate written by Devin J. Starlanyl MD. She is a great writer and has a lot of info in her book on filling out forms--gives a lot of examples of things that may be hard to explain.

There is also another awesome book called:
    Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain
    A Survival Manuel
    Second Edition

Written by Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland

Maybe your local library has these books available.

Addition made---have you tried working with a social service agency who might be able to help you with these forms? I'm not sure where you live, but you could check your phone book for Community Action Agency or sometimes known as Community Action Partnership. Not all agencies have people available for this--but it is worth asking about though.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2006]