Daily Meditation 10-8-04

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, Oct 8, 2004.

1. dash

dash New Member

Gal 6:8-10
    8 For the one who sows to his own flesh shall from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit shall from the Spirit reap eternal life.
    9 And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.
    10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.
    (NAS)

My question for you today is to what are we sowing in our lives?

Are we sewing to our flesh, or to our spirits?

Those who are chronically ill are by human nature more focused on themselves and their body. We can fall into the trap of reacting to everything we face in life in terms of how it affects us and our illness.

This can become a very selfish worldbview and will do little to help us be happy and content in our illnesses. Notice, I didn't say with our illnesses but in them. By that, I mean in the process of living out the life we now have.

Too often I find myself angry with people. They don't understand my situation. They are insensitive to my pain. They don't listen. They think I am a hypocondriac or a wimp. They have expectations that are beyond my capacity.

I have a choice. Do I sow anger into myself, or make a conscious choice to set my anger aside and sow forgiveness and peace into my life and the life of the person who has offended me?

Look at the consequences-anger breeds bitterness and bitterness breeds malice, a desire to exact a punishment that will hurt the other person. These things make it impossible to be content and happy, and in fact, they will most likely increase our pain and physical discomfort.

When we can make a choice not to be angry and forgive the one who offended us, we are sowing good things into our spirits- peace, patience, and joy. We are destressing our bodies and minds and living a more contented and happy life.

Even, when we are forced to disconnect from another person's life because of their disregard, anger, or antagonism toward us, we can make the decision to it in a spirit of forgiveness and not with feelings of retribution, or self-satisfaction, or a host of other negative, sinful thoughts.

By making a such choice, we are doing good to all men. We are walking in obedience to God's Word. What we will reap is peace of mind, decreased stress, and the joy that comes from obedience to God.

Peace be with you,
    Della
  2. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

Della~and may peace be with you also. Have a beautiful day!~~~~~~~hope, Sib