Daily migraines

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi everyone

Does anyone else suffer from daily migraines? For the last 2 weeks I have been getting a migraine that begins between 12pm and 2pm and lasts until I go to bed at night.

I'm wondering if if couold be CFS related?

Thanks
  2. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

Just before I got my FM DX i had headaches/migraines almost every day for about 4 months. went to neurologist but he couldn't help me.
    I am currently taking Pizotifen (a preventative med) and it has worked. only drawback is weight gain :(
    i take tramadol for the bad times, and if i take it early enough it can stop it before the headache really starts to kick in.
    could most definitely be related to your CFS.

take care
    (are you from New zealand? i am too)
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I would look at what you do in the mornings, what you eat, any changes in soaps, shampoo, cosmetics. Has your environment changed? What I'm getting at is it may be a sensitivity to something. It may be related to fatigue due to poor posture or less activity.

If you can't find a trigger, there is help with preventative meds or meds that can abort the headache.

Kathy.
  4. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I also got daily migraines right before i was dx with FM. I'm not sure if you have tried eliminating some of the things from the migraine trigger's list... so here is a site you can check out;

http://www.migrainesolutions.com/

I am still seeing my neuro for migraines, which have gotten remarkably better! Fortunately, i didn't have any of the food allergies!!... So, i looks like mine are FM related.

I take Topamax for preventive (side effect is weight loss), and Imitrex for combatant (comes in the form of a pill, shots, and nasal spray). I also take Tylenol #3 for those nasty headaches that otc meds just wont touch.

This combination has really been working for me... but, it was trial and error to find it! Everyone is different, and reacts differently to various things. I should tell you that Topamax takes about 3 months to really get in your system and start to do what it is intended to do. You will get some immediate relief from it, but will also need a combatant. Fortunately, my dr. told me this, and he was right. I've been on it about 6 months now, and each month is better than the last!

Good luck to you! I hope you get some relief soon! I know this is just miserable and no fun!!! Migraines really rob you of so much of life!

TM~
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2006]
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I used to get migraines all the time. Now I take verapamil (a calcium channel blocker) to prevent them. If I do get one I take an Imitrex injection. I'm getting them less often now, and I can get them under control faster if I do get one. Good luck! I know how miserable they can be!
  6. Slangx

Slangx New Member

I am on my 4th week of Zonagran - a migraine preventive med. I have Imitrex shot for when they still happen.

I've suddenly gained about 7 lbs in the last few weeks.

I've also started some other stuff, but I wonder if weight gain is because of this?

(I am having fewer migraines, so that's nice)
  7. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I've been keeping a journal of all my symptoms, emotions, acitivies, medications, sleep, food etc

As far as I can tell there is nothing different in my diet that could be acting as a trigger, but they are coming like clockwork - they always start with nausea at sometime between 12pm and 2pm and then the headache comes, sometimes with a numb face and neck.

I used to get alot of headaches when I first had CFS 2 1/2 years ago, and then I went into remission (I was at about 85 - 90%) and they mostly disappeared.

Since I've stopped work about 5 weeks ago I keep getting more and more of them and now they are coming everyday!

I'll talk to my dr about some the of the preventative meds people have suggested.

Thanks