Daily Prayer For 02/17/04

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Feb 16, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

A Prayer About The Promise Of A Better Life

Dear Heavenly Father,

We want our lives to be better.

We want a better home.

We want a better car.

We want better furniture.

We want better health.

We want better relationships.

We want. We want. We want. We want.

Oh, Precious Jesus, We love you.

However, we are ashamed.

We are ashamed to say, "We want. We want. We want. We want."

We are ashamed to say these words because we are selfish in saying these words.

How sinful of us to say these words.

How ignorant of us to say these words.

For what we need, rather than what we want, is you.

We need you, Lord.

We may want worldly things, but what we need is your love and presence to be over us, under us, and all around us.

We may want worldly things, but we know in an instant, in a flash, in a micro-second, all the worldly things of our lives will disappear and then we will see each other face to face.

And when we see each other face to face, all the wants of our present life will be gone.

When we see each other face to face, instead of all the wants of our present life, we will find a treasure of love, peace, and joy the measure of which we cannot express with our words.

For our future treasure in Heaven, the measure of which we cannot know, we give you praise, we give you honor, and we give you glory as much as we are able.

All these things we humbly pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen and Amen.
  2. blessings

blessings New Member

I am in agreement with you, dear one. love, blessings
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

So, So, So true Judy. How easy it is to forget.
    Its easy to get caught up in the material world and forget about what is really important in this life. I pray that we all remember that what need the most is the lord in our lifes. Prayer and striving to closer to him each day of our lifes. Lord I pray that I allow myself to be comsumed by your grace and love. In Jesus name, amen.

Danny