Daily Prayer For 07/20.......( Wake Up ! )........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Jul 20, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

WAKE UP!

How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? When wilt thou out of thy sleep?
    PROVERBS 6:9

"I sleep everyday till noon!" A young woman proudly exclaimed. "I can't remember the last time I saw the sunrise." What a pity she was so happy that she missed some of God's greatest beauty. So many people walk through their entire lives as if they are asleep. They miss the wonder and glory of the world around them, and they are not even aware that they are missing so much. The same is true of the person who closes his eyes to the beauty of God's world.

God made His creation, and He saw that it was good. He gave dominion over the earth to men and women to share with them how good it was. Our lives are creations of God, and they too, are good. It is important that we embrace the goodness of our lives and thank God daily for what we have been given. It is not good to sleep throughout the bulk of our lives. We should wake up. Wake up to the creation that God has given us. It is good, and it is right in front of us to enjoy and take hold of. It was out of God's love for us that our world was given, and it should be from love that we return thanks to Him.

Dear Heavenly Father, What a wonderful world You have made. Let us look at the world through Your eyes in order that we might see it in all its freshness and light. We rejoice in Your glory, now and always, Almighty God. Amen and Amen.

Blessings to all, Judy