Daily Prayer For 07/21.........( Ten Fingers ).........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Jul 21, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

TEN FINGERS

My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
    Keep my commandments, and live my law as the apple of thine eye.
    Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
    PROVERBS 7:1-3

There was a man who spent all his days sitting by an old firehouse, telling stories to the neighborhood children. The youngsters would flock around the man to hear him tell of bygone days. One striking feature of the old gentleman was that around each of his fingers he had tied a different colored string. The children would ask what the strings were there for, and the old man would say that each one was to remind him of something important. This was the way he remembered things.

For everyone who came to him, he had this to share. "You don't need strings to remember the most important things. God gave us ten fingers and Ten Commandments, and if you keep one commandment on each finger, then you'll never forget any of them."

The commandments of God should be as much a part of us as the fingers that are part of our hands. If we take care to remind ourselves of the laws of God, then they will be forever inscribed on the very "table" of our hearts.

Dear Heavenly Father, We continue to forget the things we should do. Help us to remember what You would have us do. We cannot hope to be the person You want us to be without Your help. Amen and Amen.

Blessings to all, Judy