Daily Prayer For 07/23........( The Gift Of Speech )

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Jul 22, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

THE GIFT OF SPEECH

Hear, For I will speak of excellent things,and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
    PROVERBS 8:6

There was a woman that everyone dearly loved. She never lacked for company, because so many people flocked to spend time with her. She had the ability to engage anyone, old or young, male or female, black or white, intelligent or simple in delightful conversation. With a beautiful voice she would tell stories of bygone days and share dreams and wishes with anyone who would listen. She was full of compliments but never empty flattery. In every situation, she knew the perfect thing to say. In trouble, she spoke words that soothed, in times of stress she spoke words of comfort, and in good times she knew the perfect joke or anecdote to share.

The gift of speech is a valuable one. It also carries with it great responsibility. We are commanded to avoid silly or coarse speech, but to always use words to uplift and praise. Our words should reflect the presence of God in our hearts. Only the most excellent and right things should spring forth from our mouths.

Dear Heavenly Father, Let the words of our mouths produce what is pleasing in Your sight. O Lord, Let us build up, rather than tear down. May our speech reflect our great love for You. Amen and Amen.

Blessings to all, Judy
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

When a person speaks, words comes out of his or her mouth; however, there is more to language than the words a person speaks, there is a thing called body language. Quite frequently our body language does not coincide with what we are saying; thus, our words do not always come across as completly truthful.

I pray this prayer also, asking God to but a guard over my mouth, and also to guide my actions, so that my actions confirm the words my mouth is saying.

God Bless

Yesh