Daily Prayer For 07/24........( Guidance For Growth )........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Jul 23, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

GUIDANCE FOR GROWTH

All the words of my mouth are in righteousness, there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
    They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
    PROVERBS 8:8-9

The crew of young doctors covered under the tonguelashing given to them by the chief of surgeons. Each doctor knew that his mentor was right, but it was difficult to receive such harsh criticism. Each doctor also knew that the only reason the chief surgeon was so tough was to make sure they were the best they could be. The man demanded perfection, and he wasn't going to settle for less. Only doctors who wanted to be the best could stand to take the kind of scrutiny the chief surgeon put them under. No matter what else might happen, each new doctor knew that he would receive truth and guidance from the older man. They trusted him because they knew he was doing everything he knew to do to make them the best they could be.

How willing are we to place ourselves in positions to be criticized? It is hard to invite others to tell us what we do wrong and how we can improve. Yet, if we want to grow, we need to have criticism given to us. The Lord offers us guidance as we try to grow, and we can be sure that it will be given to us with the greatest love, even though it is often hard to acknowledge that we are lacking. Thank goodness that God is so patient with us and that He gives us time to change and grow.

Dear Heavenly Father, Help us to trust the wise counsel of others. We know that we have so much room to grow. Grant that we might have the wisdom to accept the helpful critism of others, and make us to seek Your ways. Amen and Amen.

Blessings to all, Judy
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I just had a long talk about this with some of my friends because they have habbit of telling me what they think I want to hear, rather than offending me by telling me the truth. I cannot get them to understand that they are offending me when they untruthful.

I have a habbit of being bluntly honest, and I guess i expect other people to treat me the same. I would rather be hurt by the truth because untruthfulness will hurt me more.

God Bless

Yesh