Daily Prayer For 07/26......( A Christ-Like Legacy ).......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Jul 25, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

A CHRIST-LIKE LEGACY

I lead in the way of righteousness, in the misdt of the paths of judgement.
    That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance, and I will fill their treasures.
    PROVERBS 8:20-21

A poor woman called her children to her soon before her death. She sat them down and told them, "I never had money or nice things, and I'm sorry that I don't have good things to leave you, but I always tried to do what was right by you. If I brought you up right, so that you do what you know is right to do, then I have left you more than any amount of money."

The woman was right. The things money can buy are temporal, they wear out, break down, and then they're gone. A good sense of values is worth more than all the money in the world. The greatest gift we can hope to give another human being is that or wise counsel. We often hope that we can leave a legacy, a testament to our lives, after we die. There is no more fitting legacy than helping other people learn to love life and enjoy it every day. We can make our lives an example of the truth of Christ, letting others see just how much Christ can change lives for the better. He will "lead us in the paths of righteousness," but only so that we might have something of substance, something that will last long after our material wealth has gone. That is the real treasure, and God gives it freely to all who will take it.

Dear Heavenly Father, We try to turn our eyes from material gain, to true gain, the gain of eternal life. Help us to follow Your instructions that we might have Your righteousness. Grant us a small portion of Your holy inheritance. Amen and Amen.

Blessings to all, Judy
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

to that. Thanks Judy
  3. Yesh

Yesh New Member

When I was in college the class had to write a paper on the legacy we would like to leave our children. While I was sitting at my computer thinking about what to write, my son, seventeen at the time, was sitting at the dining room table says "mom, teenagers are stupid." "What do you do you mean" I asked.

My son went on to explain that teenage girls are so hungry for love that they freely offer themselves to guys in hopes of finding love, and these guys use these girls becasue of what they can get for free.

My son they went on to say, "don't these girls realize these guys they are messing around with today will follow them into the bedroom when they get married, and these guys just don't get it, they are messing around with someones future wife."

I was dumbfounded with my son's understanding of premaritial sex, and I knew the legacy I wanted to leave to my son. It was not money or material things, it was the values and morals that would be pleasing in God's sight.

And, you should have heard the gasps from the guys in the class when I read the statement about guys messing around with someones future wife. I guess that statememt hit home for quite a few of them.

God Bless

Yesh