Daily Prayer For 07/27......( The Grand Canyon ).....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Jul 26, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

THE GRAND CANYON

When he prepared the heavens, I was there, when he set a compass upon the face of the depth.
    When he established the clouds above, when he strengthened the fountains of the deep.
    PROVERBS 8:27-28

The three weeks before the trip seemed to drag on, and the little boy counted the days until his uncle came to pick him up. His uncle was going to take him out of the city to drive across the country to California. It was as exciting as a trip to the moon.

The day for the start of the trip came, and the pair set out on their adventure. When the trip was over, the little boy was asked what had been the best part of the trip. Without hesitation he said, "The Grand Canyon!" When asked why, the boy said, "My uncle said that you could see all the layers of time which have gone by, by looking at the stripes in the rock. He told me that the very first layer was put there by God, and that God was there when every other layer was laid on top. But you know what? He also said that before God ever started making the Grand Canyon, He started thinking of me and loving me!"

We may look on our world with wonder and amazement, but nothing is more amazing than the fact that it was all made for us, out of God's infinite love for us. We owe Him thanks and praise every day for giving us so much.

Dear Heavenly Father, O Lord of majesty and grace, You have indeed created a beautiful world for our comfort and joy. Thank You for sharing this great gift with us. Help us to appreciate it more fully and to care for it with wisdom. Amen and Amen.

Blesssings to all, Judy
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I needed that!

Hugz,
    Tona