Daily Prayer For 07/29........( Remember The Scratch )........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Jul 28, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

REMEMBER THE SCRATCH

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
    For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
    If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself, but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
    PROVERBS 9:10-12

A young woman took a job tending animals at a zoo. Her third week on the job, she was shown how to feed the lions, tigers, and other big cats. Large portions of meat were stabbed by long spears, and then they were stuck through the bars of the cages to the animals. When in training, a piece of meat slipped from the end and lay half in and half out of the cage. The woman moved up and reached to pick up the meat. The lion inside the cage growled and pounced against the bars, reaching through and badly scratching the young woman. Her trainer rushed over and said, "Don't ever do that. Use the stick. If you had been closer and the cat's reach a little longer, you wouldn't be here now. I hope you remember that scratch the rest of your life."

In so many situations, we feel that we are in control, that nothing can happen to us. We forget how truly fragile we are. We become complacent and lose our fear, our respect for things we should remember. The fear of the Lord is nothing more than knowing Who He is and respecting Him. If we learn that fear, all our days will be long, and our lives will be safe and happy.

Dear Heavenly Father, O Lord, Help us to keep from letting down our guard for even one minute. Open our eyes to our limitations and grant that we might acknowledge our shortcomings. Amen and Amen.

Blessings to all, Judy
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'll remember the 'scratch'!

God Bless