Daily Prayer For 08/02......( Storytelling )......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 1, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

STORYTELLING

He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow, but a prating fool shall fall.
    PROVERBS 10:10

Her uncle had been a wonderful storyteller. In fact, she had never known when to believe him and when to know he was kidding. She believed the stories of the Amazon and the war, and even of his days as a pro baseball player. She had thought her uncle could do anything. It had been devastating when she had found out that he was an alcoholic and that he would have to be put in an institution. In the years that passed, she found out that her uncle had never been to the Amazon, had never played pro ball, and had even been turned down by the army. She never really got over her disillusionment, and it made her skeptical of everyone she met. She lost faith in heroes.

Each one of us has had a tall tale to tell at some point in our lives. With tongue in cheek, we have put someone on. There is nothing wrong with pulling someone's leg, so long as it isn't a way of life, and we don't do damage by our untruth. We need to be able to trust others. We need honesty. And other people need to be able to trust us. Honesty is a valuable virtue. We have the power to change lives when we speak the truth. If we tell people fables, we lose credibility and weaken our power to help them.

Dear Heavenly Father, Help us that we never undermine the faith that others have in us. Let us be honest and open, so that we might have the opportunity to make a difference in their lives. Amen and Amen.

Many Blessings to all, Judy
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

taught my son about Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. I had often thuoght that if he learned these things were makebelieve, he may think God and Jesus were makebelieve also. so, I decided not to put the stumbling block in his path.

God Bless

Yesh