Daily Prayer For 08/06........( Our Love To Christ )........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 5, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

OUR LOVE TO CHRIST

You love him even though you have never seen him, Though you do not see him, you trust him.
    1 PETER 1:8

People who had never seen Christ still truly loved Him and believed on Him. Their hearts were filled with unspeakable joy. Such is the life of a Christian who really loves the Lord.

The chief attribute of the Father and of the Son is love to each other and love to man. This should be the chief characteristic of the true Christian. Life becomes a well of living water, flowing out as love to the Lord Jesus.

This love is not merely a happy feeling. It is an active principle. It takes pleasure in doing the will of the Lord. It is joy to keep His commandments. As the love of Christ was shown to us by His death on the cross, our love must be exhibited in unselfish, self-sacrificing lives. Please understand this: In the Chrsitian life, love to Christ is everything!

Great love results in great faith, Faith in His love to us, faith in the powerful revelation of His love in our hearts, faith that he will work all His good pleasure in us. The wings of faith and love will lift us to heaven and we shall be filled with joy beyond words. The joy of the Christian is an indispensable witness to the world of the power of Christ to change hearts and to fill them with love and gladness.

Take time daily in His presence to drink in His love.

Dear Heavenly Father, Make us strong in faith that our joy will be full. Let love, joy and faith be in our lives each day through the grace of the Lord Jesus. Amen and Amen.

Many Blessings to all, Judy
  2. readalot

readalot New Member

Thanks for sharing this. I enjoy reading these every day. It is like a devotional reading. The Lord has something for us to learn everyday.

I really like the scripture on top.

Thanks again. I hope you have a nice weekend.

readalot