Daily Prayer For 08/09.....( What's Your Motivation?)

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 8, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

WHAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION ?

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
    PROVERBS 21:2

Timidly, the man walked up to the pearly gates and cleared his throat. St. Peter peered at him from a high stool. Without a word, he pointed the man through a huge door, and inside was a throne. The man walked to the throne and said, "I'm ready for heaven, sir."

"What makes you think so?" a voice asked.

"Well, sir, I gave to the poor, I went to church, I never cheated on my wife, I didn't drink, and I prayed twice a day."

"You mean, you got tax deductions, you wanted people to think highly of you, you were afraid you'd get caught, you were allergic to alcohol, and you said grace before meals, don't you?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't know the difference," said the man.

Not only are our actions important, but our reasons for them are important, too. God sees us not as we appear to be, but as we really are. He knows every motivation for every move we make. We can't kid God, and we do the things God asks, but more importantly, we need to do what He asks for the right reasons.

Dear Heavenly Father, Search the depths of our hearts to see if we are doing all we can for the right reason. Lead us to new ways of serving You. Help us to see what is lacking in our lives, and support us as we try to change. Amen and Amen.

Many Blessings to all, Judy
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

Lord, Lord, didn't we heal the sick and cast out demons in your name, and God says "Depart from me I never knew you."

I was puzzled by this verse for the longest time, I could not understand why God would tell a "Christian" to depart from Him because He did not know them. God finely revealed that these people may have done things in Jesus name but they were not seeking God's will, nor were they giving God the credit, for they said didn't we do. These people did things to bring glory to themselves not to bring glory to God.

May we always act in accordance to God's will, with a pure heart and motive, to bring glory, honor, and praise to Him and not to our selves.

God Bless

Yesh