Daily Prayer For 08/11.......( Give It To God )............

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 10, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

GIVE IT TO GOD

Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
    MATTHEW 6:34 (KJV)

Most of us are born worriers. Some things we can handle fairly well, while others keep us awake all night. If things are going fairly well one day, we still lie awake waiting for the second shoe to drop, knowing it will drop, wondering if we will survive the fall.

This is exactly what Jesus warns against: anticipatory worrying. Life provides us with plenty to deal with in one day, so why look ahead to tomorrow's problems? God knows exactly what we need and will provide it when we need it. That should leave us all with a little extra time to "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness" (MATTHEW 6:33 KJV).

Dear Heavenly Father, We trust You for the basics of life but continue to worry about them, as if our worrying could do us good. Strengthen our faith in Your provision so we can concentrate on the work You have in mind for us to accomplish. Amen and Amen.

2. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

for my situation right now. I was reminded in the middle of the night that "My ways are not your ways"....HMMMMM I do wonder if the Holy Spirit is trying to show me something.

As always, thank you for your wonderful input to this website!
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

This is exactly what I needed today. It seems to speak directly to me. I am a worrier and need these kind of prayers to sustain, bless you.

Danny
  4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Thanks so much for reminding us...

I am so worried about Alex and I know that it is in God's hands.

Thanks and many prayers to you ...lacey
  5. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

It is true we are born worriers, no matter how much I am reminded to 'cast all my cares on the Lord', I still seem to hang on to one end ! Letting go just doesn't seem very easy.
    I have been really worrying so much in the past couple of months, I know this is why I have become so depressed, but somehow I can't shake it off, your timely reminder will hopefully help me to let go & let God.
    Linda.
  6. Yesh

Yesh New Member

Thanks for posting these, they always seem to be what I need to hear that day.

Sometimes we have so much going on in our lives that the knowledge we have in our heads does not reach the heart until we see it in writing.

God Bless

Yesh