Daily Prayer For 08/12..... ( Spring Rain ).......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 12, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

SPRING RAIN

In the light of the King's countenance is life: and his favour is as a cloud of the latter rain.
    PROVERBS 16:15

The planting was all done. The soil had been prepared, the seed had been laid, the fertilizer spread. Now all that was left to do was wait. If the rains came soon, everything would be all right, but if they held off just a week or two, it could greatly hurt the crop. The early spring rain was vital. A soft, steady rain could mean the difference between solvency and bankruptcy. The sky was full of deep gray clouds, rolling over-head. With the sound of distant thunder, the farmers breathed a deep sigh of relief.

It is hard to accept that our ultimate fate is in the hands of another. Even as great as God is, it is frightening to know that He holds our destiny in His hands. But just as the farmers feel relief at the first sign of rain, we can feel relieved that our fate has already been sealed by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. Through His sacrifice, we have been bonded to God. When we accept Christ into our lives, we accept the promise of eternal bliss with our Father in heaven. There can be no greater joy than knowing that God's love has saved us and that our future has been decided by His grace.

Dear Heavenly Father, We look to You for our salvation, Lord, and we feel joy at the assurance of Your great love for us. We have done nothing that is deserving of Your favor, but we praise You from the very depths of our souls that You have looked upon us with compassion. Be with us now and each day to come. Amen and Amen
  2. readalot

readalot New Member

We have farms aroung here. I live in a small town. My grandfather who was a farmer (He died in 1997) said that he has to trust God concerning the crops. When the spring rains come here, I see the fields green up. Then near the harvest, hope that it wouldn't rain. This year while harvesting the wheat, it started to rain. They had to stop the work for a few days. Then they brought in the crop. When I talked to my mom, she said that they had a good harvest. A lot of rain can cause the wheat to sprout, then the value goes way down. Even though it looks like the spring rain in our lives doesn't come or the fear of summer rain at harvest, the Lord knows and can see us through.

readalot
  3. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi again,

I shared about the farming, because it came to mind when I was reading your post.

I am also thankful for God's salvation, Through the blood of Jesus. We don't deserve it. Do deserve to dry out, but by His mercy we are not consumed.

I have another song to share in an another thread.

May God bless you and keep you each day.

readalot
  4. Yesh

Yesh New Member

Scripture talks about the early rain and the later rain. As with farmers, Christians receive the early rain when the seeds of faith and salcation are first planted in their hearts. And as with the farmers, they need the later rain during the growing season to produce a an abundant crop. Belivers need the later rain so their faith will contine to grow, and they will be abundant in faith.

Let it Rain

God Bless

Yesh