Daily Prayer For 08/17........( The Cross Of Christ ).......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 17, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

THE CROSS OF CHRIST

I have been crucified with Christ.
    GALATIANS 2:19

The cross of Chist is His greatest glory. Because He humbled Himself by dying on the cross in our place, therefore God has highly exalted Him. The cross was the power that conquered Satan and sin.

As Christians we share with Christ in the cross. Christ lives in us through the Holy Spirit, and we live as one who has died with Christ. As we realize the power of Christ's crucifixion, we live as one who has died to the world and to sin. Christ, the crucified One, lives in us.

Jesus said to His disciples: "If any of you want to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me" (Mark8:34). They had seen men carrying a cross. They knew that it meant a painful death. All His life Christ bore His cross, the death sentence that He should die for the world. As Christians we must bear the cross, acknowledging that we are worthy of death, believing that we are crucified with Christ, and that the crucified One lives in us. "Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ" (Romans 6:6). "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there" (Galatians 5:24). When we have accepted this life of the cross, we will be able to say: "God forbid that I should boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Galatians 6:14).

Allow the Holy Spirit to teach you more about this deep spiritual truth.

Dear Heavenly Father, May we remember Your sacrifice and Your self-denial. May the power of Your death work in us. Help us become like You in Your death so that we will know the power of Your rescurrection. Amen and Amen.
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I need to remember this daily.

Amen.

Kim