Daily Prayer For 08/20......( Only A Prayer Away )......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 20, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

ONLY A PRAYER AWAY

But I am poor and needy; make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.
    PSALM 70:5

Whether you need money to pay the bills or answers on how to deal with balky teenagers, you've probably prayed a "Help, Quick!" prayer to God. Everyone has those moments when nothing on earth, not even our much-loved spouses, seems to answer the need. Only God is big enough for this trouble.

There's no weakness in coming to God when we need help. It isn't wrong to ask for assistance in our marriage or relationships or even for our earthly needs. David knew that when he asked God not to let his enemies kill him. The soon-to-be king knew God wanted to hear about all his troubles.

God loves to hear all our prayers, even the ones that begin "Help, Quick!" When we see an out-of-control SUV hurtling down the road toward us, when we enter a crowded emergency room with a seriously ill loved one, or when we just don't know what to say in response to someone's critical words, God is only a prayer away.

Whenever we need deliverance, He's there to care. We just need to be humble enough to ask.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for hearing our every prayer. Give us humble hearts to ask for our every need. Amen and Amen.