Daily prayer / Sorry for the Delay

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Sep 26, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today and everyday I am praising the Lord for all He has done in my life and for His awesome love.

At sporting events the crowd has no difficulty supporting their team with cheers and shouts of joy. Some fans arrive at the game wearing the full-on fan “uniform” including tee shirt, hat, face paint, program and banner. Fans are proud to support their team and will go to great lengths to follow their team in the hopes of playoff fame and the final BIG win. If your life were a spectator sport you would probably see your greatest fans shouting for joy on the sidelines. They would applauded each time you scored a victory in your life, rise to their feet when God intercepted evil so that you could be safe, and yell and cheer when through God’s grace you repented and got back on track after being led astray.

Life is not a sport but rather a journey. While on life’s path you have choices to make and when you choose Jesus Christ and follow Him no matter what – you win! The way you praise, worship and give thanks to Him for all He does in your life is up to you. Think about it. For all He has done, is He praised by you, and members of your church to the extent sports teams are praised by their devoted fans? Are members of your congregation raising their voices in song and praise as the fans do at the local High School or Pro football game? Do you jump to your feet and shout for joy when he works miracles in your life? Do you support Him publicly as you do your favorite team? If not, what’s stopping you? Perhaps you are not as loyal a fan of the Lord as you thought you were.

You may have been keeping praise and worship for the Lord quietly contained in your heart. Now you know that you should be comfortable praising and worshipping Him with great enthusiasm and joy. - Gail Lindsay

”When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to men.” Matthew 9:8
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

This prayer is especially meaningful today. God Bless you.....

Kim
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Thank you Kim, I hope the Lord blesses you in ways umimaginABLE.

Danny
  4. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Thanks Deb

I want you to know I'm still praying for you everyday.
    May god lay his healing hands on you and bless you.

Amen, Danny
  5. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

This post is so good! It really gives you something to study about. My hubby just dragged me to a football game tonight( I don't even like footbal) but he wanted me to go with him and when I got home and read this post, I started thinking that if all the people that was crowded into that park were cheering for God instead of cheering for their school teams, what a joyful noise unto God that would be! It was so crowded everyone was packed together like a can of sardines! Anyways, I really enjoyed reading this post because it really made me think! I would 10 to 1 rather be a Jesus fan than a fan for any sporting event!