DaILY PRAYER

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Sep 2, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today I am slowing down.

On your mark,get set,go! Off and running.Faster than the speed of light. Raring to go and without missing a beat. Perhaps you know some of them or matbe you are ne of them. Rushing from morning to night. Making a career of multitasking and quite proud of having the ability to do several things at one time. The faster the better. There is so much to do ,so far to go, sp many things to accomplish. So just get out of the way.....

Pardon me but perhaps you could slow down for just a moment. Look, listen, wait, stop! What is your hurry? You may not have noticed but while you were busy speeding and rushing, life is paaing you by. You need to learn to take things in stride, relax! Admit it - you lack patience! You want it all now no matter what price. You hate waiting! Time is of the essence but isn't it about time you slowed down? Fife in Christ is meant to be lived the fullest, not the fastest.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness," Galatians 5:22

May god bless us all, and give us what it says in this daily prayer.

Amen, Danny
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Ikmow I think all the time that I got to stay busy to make it theu the day without worrying. It works quite well, but since I came this board, its made me realize alot of things and I wasnt putting the Lord first either. One of the first things Idid was Praying as soon as Iwoke and it helps a bunch to start my day that way .Thats to all here. Like yhey say, slow down and smell the roses. Remember when we were kids and actually did that. Lets all be kids agan, sometimes I wish I could. It was such a pleasant time for me. But, at the same time, I need to look a today, this is the day that Lord has given, no guarantees for tomorrow.

Danny
  3. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

if thats why i have this FMS and this neuropathy stuff that is happening to me. Maybe it was to slow me down and take a look at myself and what was really important. I didn't slow down really till this happened to me. I am thankful that it did happen.

Thank you Danny for reminding us to stop and smell the roses! To many people are rushing around missing the blessings in their lives in any givin moment. A childs smile, the wind in your hair, the sun on your face, - everyone is RUSHING around full speed ahead stressed out to the max! ! !

Danny i enjoy your daily readings they are so inspirational. Keep up the good work!

mama