Daily Prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Sep 16, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I am committed to taking a stand, raising my voice or taking a leap of faith for the glory of God.

Sometimes you have to make choices that are difficult or not popular if you are to be in alignment with your commitment to Christ. You may find yourself the only voice in a crowd speaking out against something that is promoted by the mainstream secular world. You may be the only light in the darkness or the only calm navigating others through an emotional storm. No matter what the situation, never compromise what you know to be the truth. When you feel you are alone in your quest remember, you have been placed in the situation by God for his glory. So stand firm but be gentle. Be kind but decisive. Speak from your heart as you look through the eyes of your soul. Be an example of love, integrity, courage and grace.

What have you done lately to give glory to God? If you can’t think of anything, today is a good day to take action. It may be that you can be the voice of reason or the voice on the phone to an elected official. You could mail a check to a charity group or e-mail an organization with a message of truth they may have not ever really heard. You could give a hand to one in need or hand out a Bible and help to change a life. I will leave it up to you…well actually, God is leaving it up to you.

You may have thought that you could just live your life in a comfortable cocoon. Now you know that you are called to make a difference in the world for God’s glory. - Gail Lindsay

My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever. Psalm 145:21