Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Sep 25, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today I am devoted to being a hero to someone in need.

As children we are lead to believe there are heroes - superhuman individuals who somehow always show up just in the nick of time to save the day. Heroes appeared on T.V. and in movies. We even read about heroes in books and through tall tales and other stories passed down from generation to generation. Then as we grew older we began to give up our belief in heroes from the fictional world and create them in the sports world. Finally, as adults we succumb to the idea that heroes only exist in fairy tales and fantasy.

The truth is that heroes really do exist but sometimes we are blind to them and their quiet, ongoing work. You can find heroes in classrooms teaching lessons, on street corners crossing children while giving them an encouraging word, in community organizations providing food to elderly shut-ins, in hospitals listening to the concerns of a cancer patient, in churches ministering to discouraged souls, and in counseling centers skillfully mending broken hearts. You can find heroes in homes across the nation tucking their kids into bed after helping them with their homework and having worked all day. There are many volunteering to support the needy and sick and even more spreading the gospel through their financial support and testimony. A hero is someone who reaches out to someone in need and gives more than their talent, time and treasure – they give themselves in a way that is more than was required of them. Thank God for heroes.

You may have thought that heroes were only a fantasy. Now you know that heroes exist and that you can be one too.- Gail Lindsay

”Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children” Ephesians 5:1
  2. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Great post! I guess we never really think of heroes in this way, just take these people for granted and dont think of them as heroes. I thank God for these heroes too!
    Lisa