Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Oct 1, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I am prayerful that God hears me and answers in accordance with His will.

Pray about it. How often have you heard or used these words? The power of prayer abounds beyond the imagination. God listens to and responds to prayer. You may, at times, feel that God has disconnected His prayer line. That He is too busy to hear you. That you have to be in a certain place to pray or it has to be at a certain time to be effective. Perhaps you think of prayer as a sort of a collective bargaining activity where you ask for something in return for something else. Maybe you think prayer is a limited so you only venture into it for big problems or on certain occasions. If any of this sounds too familiar, you may need to change your thinking about prayer.

Prayer is your opportunity to have a personal conversation with God. No matter where you are or what you are doing, you can stop and pray. Pray in all you do. Pray with a pure heart and a forgiving soul. Pray in the name of Jesus Christ and in God’s will. Sit back and listen. He may have something to say back to you or He may just want you to wait and have faith in Him. Be careful what you pray for. He may answer when you least expect it. You may have even forgotten that you asked but God always hear and never forgets.

Until today you may have been praying for prayer to work in your life. Now you know that prayer is a time for fellowship and conversation with Christ that works every time. - Gail Lindsay

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24