Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Oct 23, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I am rejoicing in knowing that God always keeps His promises.

From time to time everyone experiences disappointment. The best made plans unravel or the unexpected occurs. It may be a blessing in disguise or it may be just an unfortunate set of circumstances but things don’t always end up as we may have imagined they would. Disappointments that are the result of broken promises can be heartbreaking and even spirit breaking. They can crush the very core of your soul. Promises should be sacred but they are sometimes made to be broken.

In times of disappointment and discouragement it is a great blessing to know that you can count on the eternal promise made by your Creator and Savior that will never be broken. With Jesus Christ you will never be disappointed. You can put all of your faith and commitment in him and he will never let you down. With him promises are forever and ever and ever. Promise. - Gail Lindsay

"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." 2 Corinthians 1:20

2. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

broken promises and disappointments Im sure. It is so great to know that our Lord will never break a promise to us. I really liked this post. I loved the verse too.
    Lisa
  3. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I have known times when I feel like we as humans have lost all integrity, and our word means nothing. Sometimes we think that we know exactly what we need and then it does seem to fall apart, but I know God's intentions for us are Good and not evil, and not every plan or promise made to us, (outside of His), is really what is best for us. It reminds me of the scripture that says "Whatsoever state you are in, therein be content" I know it doesn't mean we are suppose to accept illness's and stress and be happy with it, but we can be content in the fact that it will change!" Thank you for this post this morning.

Hugs to you, you are precious
    Takesha