Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Oct 24, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Lord thank you for giving me wisdom to keep my distance.

You have heard the _expression, "You are what you eat". You are also what you watch, listen to, and surround yourself with. With the way things are today, it is almost impossible to shield yourself from immorality, violence, and evil. It is everywhere you turn!

Guard your heart. Protect your soul. Be alert and aware. Keep your distance from things that will tempt you, corrupt you, or discourage you. You are responsible to be sure that you surround yourself with things that are pure not tainted, good not evil, wholesome not compromised, of God not of the devil. Will it be easy? No, but you owe it to yourself and to the Lord Jesus Christ to put some space between the things of this world that are apt to lead you from your walk with the Lord. How much space? As much as it takes for you to keep your eyes firmly planted on Him.

You may have been caught up in the things of this world, allowing them to lose sight of your walk with Jesus Christ. Now you know that you should keep your distance from anything that will cause you to lose sight of Him. - Gail Lindsay

"Avoid every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
    1 Thessalonians 5:22-23
  2. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thanks for sharing! It is true that it is not easy to keep yourself from the evil of this world! Before I rededicated my life to the Lord, I did not think much about the violence and profanity that is everywhere you turn and I did not give a second thought to watching movies with this same violence and profanity, now, I am so much more aware of the things I watch and listen to. I even went out and bought a guardian angel and had my hubby hook it up to our tv and vcr! Even though I don't watch tv that much anymore, when my family watches it, I don't have to hear all the bad language! Now, if only there were a guardian angel that you could hook up to everything and everyone in this world we would all have it made!
    Lisa