Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Nov 4, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

When it comes to a relationship with the Lord, there are no shortcuts.

We live in a fast paced culture. We try each day to do more in less time. This is accomplished by multi-tasking and taking shortcuts where we can. Gone are the days of slow cooked meals, long family dinners, handmade clothing, and other time consuming processes. Now things are instant, pre-packaged, pre-cooked, and disposable. How else would you be able to get it all done?

Your relationship with Christ can not be hurried or involve shortcuts. In fact, if it does, you are missing out on so much that the Lord has to offer you. Abbreviated prayer, mini Sunday services, and on-the-surface fellowship will not lead you to a rich, fulfilling relationship with God. You can't develop a relationship with any meaning when you act as though spending time with God is just another thing on your to-do list. There are no substitutes for spending time with Him. Let's face it, no one would settle for a relationship that had time limits, constant interruptions, and was put on hold when more important things come up, so why would God?

You may have believed that shortcuts could help you maintain a relationship with God. Now you know that shortcuts are for driving, cooking, and other activities but have no place in your relationship with the Lord. - Gail Lindsay

"They are steadfast for ever and ever, done in faithfulness and uprightness." Psalm 111:8

2. tslanker

tslanker New Member

Danny, I was just thinking about the exact thing you talked about today. My daughter goes to a religious school which takes about an hour and 10 minutes round trip. And I did this twice a day for three years. This was my time to meditate and pray. I looked forward to it every morning. It was such a peaceful ride, just me and God. Somedays if I found that I had more to pray about I would just keep on driving-right past my house.God bless you Danny for your daily prayers I look forward to them.
    Terry
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Thanks Terry. God bless you.

Danny