Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Nov 12, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today I am remembering that I am too blessed to be stressed.

It can start out as a perfectly beautiful day. The weather is great, you are feeling healthy and strong. You are calm and composed and then it happens - you start getting stressed. Stress is not always bad. Sometimes it can motivate you or cause you to take just the right action. Most often though, stress is not productive, but rather counter productive. Stress can cause you to lose focus, become irritable, be impatient, make you sick, and even cause you to lose sleep. Stress robs you of joy, happiness, and peace.

When you are walking with Jesus Christ and have a relationship with him, you will realize that you are too blessed to be stressed. Stress is no longer your companion because now you have Christ. When you are in Christ there is only room for confidence and peace.

You may be so accustomed to being stressed that you forgot how to live in peace. Now you know that you are stress free and at peace when you are in Christ. - Gail Lindsay

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

This is such a good reminder! Thanks for sharing it.
    There is nothing like the peace that only God can give to His Children.

God Bless you with a stress free day!

Harmony

3. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I get stressed easily over what some think are the silliest things. But to me they aren't.

I been taking long deep breaths when I realize I am getting stressed. Seek out a quiet spot at times, and meditate. Not all the time, got my hands so full around here. When meditating, I feel so close to Jesus.