Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Dec 8, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today I am writing my Christmas list.

You had better hurry. Time is running out! Before you know it Christmas will be here. You may be like me. Perhaps you have had a difficult time coming up with a list of things that you want this Christmas. It isn't that there is too much to chose from or that I have no time or desire to write them all down. The reason I am having trouble with my Christmas list is because everything on it is priceless and invisible. Nothing can be purchased, wrapped, or placed under the tree. Well, just in case my Christmas wishes can come true here is exactly what I am asking for:

1. Peace - on Earth and in my home and family. The kind of peace that knows no boundaries and last all the way through Christmas dinner, into dessert and beyond bedtime.

2. Love - unconditional and without limits. Not just any kind of love but the love of Christ - agape love.To have and to share with all around me.

3. Time - to pray, to enjoy the simple things, to rest, to reflect, to relax and to do so without feeling guilty that there is something not getting done.

4. Harmony - with God and those around me. Knowing that I am where I am suppose to be doing exactly what I am suppose to be doing in His will.

5. Wisdom - to know the answers to life's difficult questions or at least to know where in the Bible I can find the answer especially when someone has questions of faith.

6. Clarity - to see things the way God wants me to through spiritual lenses rather than through a
    near-sighted earthly view that lacks depth and understanding.

7. Patience - because sometimes I forget that God isn't finished with me yet nor is He finished with those around me who I sometimes lose my composure with.

The list could go on and on but if just these things where gifts given to me through the power of God above, it would be one very, very, Merry Christmas.

You may have been having trouble getting your Christmas list together. Now you know that the best Christmas gifts are the ones that can't possibly make it under the tree. - Gail Lindsay

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I have gotton gifts throughout the year, that will last me a lifetime. I do not need or want anything for Christmas. The peace and love do sound great though.