Daily Prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Dec 9, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

It's time to make room for Christmas blessings.

When I was a child my mom would always tell me that before Santa could bring any new toys for Christmas I had to clear out the old ones that I no longer used or had outgrown and give them to the local Goodwill to the children who were less fortunate. It was impossible to get anything new unless there was room for it. The message was one that stayed with me my entire life. You can not accept new blessings unless you make room for them by discarding whatever stands in their way.

It is often difficult to see what is standing in the way of your blessings. It could be an old hurt, past relationship, or even a bruised ego. You keep that old thing stored up like a treasure in your heart for so long you become comfortable with it and it soon it becomes a part of you. You might not even notice it is there but there it is taking up space - the space where a blessing could be. Isn't it about time for you to clean out the old pain and worry that is residing in your heart? Wouldn't you rather open up the windows and doors of your soul and let the fresh air in? Today take some time to get rid of the things that are holding back your blessings and ask God to fill up that space with blessings too amazing for words.

You may have been so full of old issues and problems that you stopped your blessings from dropping into your life. Now you know that you can make room for more blessings than you ever thought possible. - Gail Lindsay

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." Matthew 12:35
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Amen, Deb