Daily prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Dec 15, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Today I am staying focused on the Lord.

You won't mean for it to happen. In fact you may not even notice. It will surprise you, sneak up on you, and even frighten you, but if you are not careful you may become sidetracked and stray from the Lord. Backslidden, lost, non-committed, not disciplined. There are all kinds of words used to describe it but really it is beyond words or names. It can happen to anyone. Even you!

The evil one has a plan. The plan is that you should become so busy, so distracted, and so preoccupied that you would lose sight of the Lord. No, never you say. Think again. Losing sight of the Lord happens when you take your eyes off of Him and put them on something or someone else. It may be that you are focused on work, family, an illness, or even preparing for an occasion or event like - Christmas! Stay focused! Keep your priorities straight. The first and most priority is your relationship with God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. Set your focus there and all other things will simply fall into place.

You may have lost your focus because your eyes weren't on the Lord. Now you know that He is the most important one to look for. - Gail Lindsay

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

This daily prayer is a very good one, I needed this.
    I feel I have not been concentrating, sort of losing my faith the last several weeks. Was just thinking about it earlier, even thought about posting about it.

Thanks for sharing it Danny. Will try my best to get out of this funky feeling, and concentrate/fix my eyes on Jesus.

Sunshyne
  3. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

I have lost some focus during the past weeks due to craziness of the season. I can feel it, and I do all that I can to pull myself back, and focus on our Lord. Sometimes it just takes some quiet time, early in the morning, reading my bible. Other times, it is in the quiet times, as I listen to, and watch my children play.

Bottom line is, however you can do it, find rituals or habits that keep you focused on the Lord. Find what works for you.

Thanks once again Danny, for your wise words.

Hugs,
    Luann