Daily Worldwide Prayer for ME/CFS/FM - Please Join

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, May 22, 2010.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

I would like to organize a one-minute prayer everyday to ask God for the cause(s)and cure(s) for our illnesses.

Here is what inspired me:

"Someone has said if we really understood the full extent of the
    power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless.
    Did you know that during WWII there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the
    safety of England , its people and peace?"

I'd like your help to do this...

If you would like to participate: Every evening at (9:00 PM Eastern Time)
    (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever
    you are doing and spend one minute praying

You can post below - if you want to to show your interest or remain anonymous - either way God will know...

I know I need God's help and I want so badly to find the cause and cure so that we can go forward and stop the suffering.

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 05/22/2010]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2010]
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi all,

I am putting an alarm on my phone - to help me remember 9PM - I'm on eastern stardard time.

I'm looking forward to praying with everyone.

3. lea

lea Member

do my best to remember.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Elizabeth I LOVE your idea. I missed the 9 prayer time tonight but prayed just now. I like the idea of setting the alarm on my phone.

5. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Lea and Elliespad!!!!!!!!!!

So excited to pray with you guys!!!!!

I did it tonight and it felt great!

This is a special prayer for our community!

God Bless,

Its just great to know that we're all praying together - the unity! Lea, no pressure - just do your best and Elliespad - thanks for your encouragement![This Message was Edited on 05/22/2010]
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

I really want to spread the word so we can all pray together - the power of collective prayer...

So I started a Facebook page called "Daily Worldwide Prayer for ME/CFS/FM"...

If you're on facebook - please join!

7. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

this is a wonderful idea...I'll start tonight and I'm going to look for your facebook page now:)

8. Elisa

Elisa Member

Thanks Debra!

I look forward to praying with you tonight!

Thanks for your support...

God Bless,

9. goneee

goneee New Member

Elizabeth, you not only have a wonderful idea but you are you are so right. Healing is available to all of us just by asking God and when many are praying for the same thing it makes it all the better.

Last night I decided to go to a Healing Sermon. My cousin had been after me for several years, but I never followed through on going. Something yesterday just came in my mind that I told me that I needed to go and not wait any longer.

At the end of the sermon the pastor asked for anyone struggling with anything to come forward and be prayed for by one of the prayer teams and there were several. I am a shy person, but I didn't hesitate one bit. I got up and made my way up front with the others.

These wonderful people talked to me so caring and not in any hurry at all, so they could know what they needed to pray with me for. Actually some knew before I told them. I never understood the laying of hands on someone as a person was being prayed for, but now I do. The feeling is hard to explain.As they began praying for the burning sensation in my body to leave immediately, as well as the aching, back spasms, and depression, I began feeling a weakness but at the same time a feeling as if all negative things were leaving my body and I was at peace. It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. The burning was gone, the back spasms were gone, the aching was gone and when I walked out of the building, everything looked so crystal clear. That is when I knew the depression had lifted. I am still pain and derpession free today, but I will continue to pray and claim that by His stripes I am healed, continue reading His words on healing out loud, as well as continue going to the sermons. No doctor can do what God can.

KEEP PRAYING. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!! I know I will be at 9pm tonight with everyone here on eastern time.

10. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for sharing your story...it brought me to tears.

I am so glad you will be praying with all of us.

Thank you so so much for your support!

God Bless,

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

11. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

We've had 5 people already sign up to pray with us on Facebook - that is great!!!!

This has helped me in two ways - when I kneel down I feel less alone because I picture all of you praying with me AND it gives me something I CAN do - rather than focusing on what I am uanble to do. And I want to help SO badly.

Looking forward to praying with you tonight!

[This Message was Edited on 05/24/2010]
  12. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Hey Elisa,

Great idea - I routinely pray for all of us, but I love the idea to all pray at the same time!

Count me in - I'll be thinking of you all in 15 minutes.

May God bless us and hold us in the palm of His hand, and bless the researchers and practitioners with the knowledge, ability, and fortitude to see us through this ordeal. May He bring us comfort and give us peace as we wait until His timing is right for us. Please Lord, show us what we can learn from this illness so that our suffering will bear good fruit for you.

Love, Kristina
  13. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

I participated! I clicked on this post to read more about it, saw that it was about group prayer, and then looked at my clock and noticed it was exactly 8pm (central)...! So I prayed with you all.

Kristina, that bit you posted above was very beautiful, brought tears to my eyes.

This project was such a lovely idea.
  14. Elisa

Elisa Member

Gosh Kristina and Karyn,

You are inspiring me...

So glad we all prayed together tonight!

It feels so great.

I quoted Karyn's scripture (from another post) on our Facebook page and I'd like to add your prayer, Kristina, to the site too.

God Bless,

15. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I try to pray daily for all of us on this board but really like the idea of us all sending up prayers to God at the same time. He will hear our prayers and answer I believe in Jesus name!God bless each of you .
  16. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

So many in our community are praying together - its great!

As of today we have eight people on our facebook page - committed to praying the on-minute prayer for ME/CFS/FM.

I haven't counted how many here on ProHealth - but its alot!

It's pretty exciting!

God Bless,

17. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I'm in! I never underestimate the power of prayer - the power of positive thoughts and energy.

I'm happy to pray for everyone here, those who aren't, who are struggling. I will also give Thanks for those who are trying to help us, for this family here, for those who do support us.

Wonderful idea. Thank you!

18. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I joined the FB grp, but I keep missing the exact time.....will just have to keep reminding myself & eventually I will start making it a habit on time
  19. Elisa

Elisa Member

It was great praying with you all tonight - thank goodness for my phone alarm at 9 PM (EST). I set the alarm to the sound of harps - it's a good reminder!!!!

I'm so happy so many are joining in and praying together...

We now have 8 on the facebook page - great progress

Welcome Janalynn and Aunttammie!!!!

God Bless,

[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2010]
  20. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

It was great praying with you all tonight...

Let me know if you have ideas on how to get the word out!

God Bless,