Dallas FFC/Didn't test for lyme or other things

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Connie3, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

When I went to the Dallas for first time on Dec. 20, 2005, they took tons of blood. Got results this week and they did not one test for viruses. I don't understand. Doc said they would do that later. So, I know is what they showed me from Quest. I am so confused. Anyone else have this happen?
  2. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

You need to talk to your doctor because it sounds like he didn't explain things very well.

I go to the Atlanta FFC. The 1st time you go they do all the extensive bloodwork for all the normal stuff (iron, etc) and then all the hormones, the coagulation defects, CRP, etc.

Did you have the hypercoagulation? Usually they will want you to start on the heparin before you are tested for lyme and all the viruses because it helps to break down the fibrin and let out the bacteria so it shows up better on the western blot test.

Also they like to get you on the supplements and build up your immune system before you start fighting viruses.

I just went for the 3rd visit this week and was finally tested for Lyme.

Meow
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I didn't have testing for viruses until at the second appointment -- and I specifically asked for them then. Did you come up positive for needing to take heparin? My doc at Atlanta said if that is the case, they like to treat that first, then the viruses are easier to catch in blood testing.
  4. BethW

BethW New Member

Hi Connie,
    My third visit with FFC is Monday Atlanta. I was not tested last visit either for infectious panel. She explained that they wanted to build up my immune system and improve on hormones first. Also I have to do the heparin but not sure when I will start it. I'll let you know what I find out Monday. Did your hypercoag show a problem?
    BethW
  5. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I started at the Dallas FFC in Oct. They do the infectious panel on the second visit.
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I was tested for the infections on my second visit. I did not test positive for lyme.
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

How do all of you pay for going to the FFC's when like our insurance wouldn't cover it? I was just wondering. I don't have one near me. I'm in Virginia, not far from Richmond.

I just couldn't deal with all the traveling back and forth. I don't know how some of you manage to do it.

Best of luck to all of you,

Hugs,
    Faye