Damp weather and fibro pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by fibrobutterfly, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Does anyone experience a HIGH level of PAIN with damp weather or high humidity ? In Ohio with all the snow and now melting and high humidity in our house as the snow is now melting and water coming in our floor vents, even pumping it , it continues. Every part of my body is screaming with pain. Just wondered if it was me or normal?
    Icis likes this.
  2. Icis

Icis Member

Pain has been pretty unbearable the past couple of weeks and I, too, am attributing it to weather...cold, snow, I've pellets, rais...and lots of all of it.
  3. Darrae

Darrae Member

Yup! It set off a flare all over my body for the last 2-3 weeks. It's normal. Happens with other conditions too. I work with the elderly and Arthritis residents are feeling it. Fibromyalgia residents are feeling it. MS residents are feeling it. CFS residents are feeling it. ME residents feel it. Stroke residents are feeling it.

Damp and cold are not a good thing for us. This is why, hot water therapy is one of the recommended treatments for us. It loosens the muscles, tendons and ligaments, thus, lending some modicum of relief. When our bodies feel this damp and extreme cold they react adversely. Muscles, tendons and ligaments become tight and constrict. I recommend more long hot soaks in epsom salts and massage if you can manage the cost or have a willing partner.

The best thing I've found is a really good hot spa tub with jets. The jets can help you target the more painful areas with water pressure. Like a water massage. I sooooooo need one of those in my home. I've been trying to save up to get one installed in place of my old bathtub. Constant access to one would be wonderfully good. It helps.
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I had more pain wake up last night at 2AM or so, could be the fog that rolled in last evening and the coconut macaroons I ate last evening (sugar)..... When this wake up happens I pop some Inositol and get back to sleep in a short time....can't imagine getting up and doing things.....no way... slept until 8ish, got out of bed at 9:30 as I listen to my radio and stretch before I try to walk....

I don't soak, can't get down in tub and probably could not get out anyway....so that is out for me...Plus, I don't want to soak in chlorine/fluoride waters......just my thing.....

So now down with ice packs and then some heat.....heard a health program the other night and the japanese shower in colder water....don't know about the japanese and the ailments we deal with here. Be mindf ul of foods we eat late in the evening...sugars for sure. jam
  5. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Also, I do use homeopathic remedies: Dr Barbara Hendel's Arnica Montana and Pain & Injury Relief (one can take up to 12 per day for persistent pain this is for the Pain & Injury product)....I use both these during the wake ups in the middle of the night, also get me back to sleep and reduce the pain, keep these at my nightstand....also use her Fibromyalgia Relief and her Arthritis Relief tabs.... I do believe in homeopathic remedies...and use them in between my bigger guns which I like to keep in lower amounts.... Most of the world uses homeopathy except the U.S.....we use more in recent years but nothing like the rest of the world.....jam
  6. I figured it wasn't only me, my body has been screaming (if it could) in pain. :eek: