Danbex low stomach acid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Feb 7, 2009.

1. You said "Just wondering if you've tested for low stomach acid? That could easily explain the slow stomach emptying." on my need energy post and wondered how do you test for that? I am desperate!
  2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Thanks Fibrobutterfly for starting this thread. I am interested in that subject too. Is there a test for this? If you are diagnosed with it are the meds prescribed or OTC? Is there a high correlation between gastric paresis and low stomach acid? Any info is appreciated.

3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

There are "pro" tests that can be done by a gastro GI doc or a naturopath.

But there's a home test, involves drinking water w/a litte baking soda added, then timing how long 'til you burp ... acid + base = CO2 gas (burp).

Sorry I've forgotten the details of how much baking soda & the timing. Maybe oogle it?

Best wishes.
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

one easy, safe, and cheap way to deal with it is to take apple cider vinegar
  5. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

I did a Comprehensive Stool Analysis test and it showed almost no stomach acid or bile, so I am taking supplements for that. When I mentioned this to the compounding pharmacist he asked if I was taking Bragg's apple cider vinegar, I wasn't but am now. Like Aunt Tammie said... its easy, cheap and safe.

6. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Hi AuntTammie and Sarah. Trying apple cider vinegar sounds good to me. How much do you use and when do you take it?
  7. dannybex

dannybex Member

I posted the reply in the thread "I NEED ENERGY"...

Sorry...I was away from the boards for a few days...