Dancing Did me In

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibromickster, Feb 3, 2008.

1. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Well last night I met my sister and Danced all night at a club with a live band (awesome band). I had soooo much funnn. That was the first time in years that i have done this.

Unfortunately this morning, I am really bad. I am couch bound with heating pads all over me. But you know what, I am glad i did it. It was the best 4 hours I have had in a long time.

I will just have to grin and bear it for a couple of days. gosh, i miss those days so much.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

You got to go out and have some FUN!,,,,,It's just like you say,,,You know your going to pay for it but living in the moment is worth the pain i guess!,,,,,not sure,,but if you don't get out once in awhile,,,,at least in my case ,,,i might go,,,,nuts!,,,,,,lololol,,,,

I have often said to my Girls,,,,This is alot of fun and ,,,,they say,,"Mom i hope you will be ok tommorow" My replie is "I got to have fun today ,,and that's what counts!",,,,,,we all know where your comming from!,,,,,,Sis
  3. kjade

kjade New Member

I say.....GOOD FOR YOU!! I know it is really bad when we just try to get out and have some fun, and then pay for it days later. It is really not fair. But try to think of the fun you had - that makes it all seem worth it.

This past summer I was at a family picnic, and we had a softball game. I had so much fun - I hadn't played softball since I was 20 (something I enjoyed all my life). I was in so much pain the day after, and could barely walk/function for about 3 days. But it was worth it because I had actually taken the time to enjoy myself for a change.

So rest up, and look forward to the next time you are going to get out and enjoy yourself!
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If I didn't feel sorry for you I might laugh, but not at you, at myself - because I have done this sooo many times. Maybe the fun was worth it.

I don't do the dancing, it is usually shopping. I want to tell you something - 5 years ago I was really bad and would have terrible flares. Even carrying heavy grocery bags caused a flare the next day. The worse thing was once I tried to swim. Someone said it was good for fibro. Oh my gosh...I could not move the next day and was even nauseated.

This had gone on for many years until finally I got better. I am not sure exactly what it was, probably a combination of many things.

The major thing was cutting stress. I am type A person and forced myself to change. I also stop communicating with some people I consider toxic.

Getting more sleep finding the right medication was the final change.

I am just trying to say you may not have this forever - I didn't. I still take care of myself but for over a year now I have never had a flare that caused me to go to bed.

Oh, another thing that really helped me was doing the EFT exercises. There is a free 79 page manual online that explains it. EFT is a combination of affirmations and accupressure at specific places on your body. (EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques).

[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2008]
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

You are all so right. It was totally worth it. It may be a while before i do that again, but I definetly will. It was so much fun.

It is so hard to get going and get out, but once i do, i always have the best time. I just can't do it as much anymore but that is okay, that just makes it more worthwhile.

I am feeling a little better. I took a nap, drove my daughter to a super bowl party and i am getting ready to go back on the couch with my heating pad.

My muscles are so sore and my elbows more than anything are killing me. I have no idea why, i didn't dance on my elbows or anything, LOL.

6. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Enjoy the moments while they are available!! If we didn't do a few fun things in life, then we'd just be miserable shells of humanity.

I try to get out and do something I enjoy...even if I know I'll pay for it dearly the next day. I HAVE to enjoy life a little or else I'd just become a recluse and what a sad life that must be!

so I say.....Dance till you drop!! And drop I will but I'll know I enjoyed it!
  7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Yes, it was like dancing the John Travolta style. Ugh, today is Monday, 2 days later and i am in so much pain right now.

Now, I don't think it was worth it, I feel horrible, my body cannot even move without grunting and moaning. Hopefully, it is just because i am out of shape and i am just sore and not a flare.

It will be awhile before I do that again. Ohhhh but it was sooooo much fun, flirting and dancing and having an awesome time. I have to remember that part of it.
  8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

You are so right. If I didn't do some fun sometimes, i would be a hermit that is for sure. I love my home and couch and bed. LOL
  9. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

It was just in fun flirting. My sister knows the band and they are so nice and "cute". LOL. We danced on the stage and on the dance floor. It really was all in fun.

It is funny dancing is like riding a bike, apparantly i still have it in me and i am sure that drink I had relaxed me to be able to do what i did.

I probably have a drink 2 times a year, so one definetley did me in. It is almost 7 am and i am still stiff and sore as i was yesterday. I hope this pain will go away.

It will be a very long time before i do that to myself again.