Dancing With the Stars, the Finals UPDATE

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boltchik, Nov 21, 2007.

1. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have really enjoyed watching this show, and I think everyone is doing a great job. But, while I love Marie and her upbeat attitude, I am not really understanding why she is in the finals. She has improved a lot, but after Jenni's 2nd dance this week, I was like, wow!, Jenni has improved the most. She looked like a pro.

What I love about the show the most is everyone is so complimentary towards one another. It's like a family, no cattiness! (sp?) It really is fun to watch. Who would you all like to see win? I like all of them, but I am leaning towards Helio and Julianne. Hope you guys enjoy your evening. Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2007]
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

I was so upset to see Jennie go too! But I love Marie so much! How CUTE is she? Even my dh smiles when he sees her (what he watches anyway). But you are right, as far as dancing ability goes, Jennie should still be there - I did love her innocent attitude.

I think it will come down to Helio and Mel. Personally, I want Mel to win (only because I want MAX to win!!) She has been really great, but she is a dancer/performer by profession, so it hardly seems fair, but.............

I do like Helio, but have you ever watched HIM dancing? For me, I am always watching Julianne, since the human eye is usually drawn to the female in dancing. She is AMAZING! So beautiful, cute, sweet, (ok I want to puke now!) Plus she won already.....I want to see Mel win (And ONLY, I stress for Max - he is such a competitor (sp?) - I would "dance" with him anytime!!!) Oh, and if only I could!

I really, really want to sign up for ballroom dance classes - maybe I would get into better shape, and I'm sure all that moving around and stretching would be really good for us (You know, with all the pain, stiffness, fatigue, ect.....I SOOOOO envy those people!)

Write a note on Monday (finale time!) - I want everyone's feedback! (what will I do when the show ends?? :( )
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2007]
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My favorite is Marie. I can't help it, I hope she wins. She probably won't though. The other dancers are younger and are probably better dancers, but I think Marie really has trie so hard. And I like her the best!

Take Care!
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hey fellow DWTS fans! Good to hear from all of you! Maks is most definitely nice to look at, wow! And it's funny when Julianne and Helio dance, I tend to watch her more also, because she is just fantastic.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I usually respond to everyone's posts separately, but I have to be gone a good part of the day, so please forgive me. I did read all of the posts, and I love sharing our thoughts about DWTS with fellow fans. Hugs, Kim :)
  5. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Marie has really improved the most (and lost weight) and her smile and personality are just winning! I am not a fan of Max - and she has some dancing in her performances. So my vote is for Julianne and Helio. He has gone soooo fawr and learn how to dance wonderfully well. Isn't she must the mosgt beautiful girl youhave ever seen? and her smile?

Anyone of them i wouldn't be disappointed in. My daughter asked what in the world are we going to do on Mon. and Tues. nights?????
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

The Stars~~~~~~The saga is about to end!I hope Helio wins! Marie is Entertaining Huh!! The Doll routine was a little corny But Cute!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Skill wise Mel and Helio are the best,,,,,,,Have to tune in to see the big Finally,,,
  7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Well, after last night's performance, I voted for Helio and Julianne. The finale was a bit disappointing I have to say. I kind of expected the best performances of the season for all of them, since they have all improved and now have some experience.

Marie is very entertaining, and Len was pretty rude to them. But, that doll dance did nothing to showcase what she has learned, if anything it looked more amateur. They could have picked better dances. She is so cute though and I have enjoyed watching her.

Even Mel and Maks did not do their very best, although they were still good. I did not vote for them because Mel has former experience dancing with the Spice Girls. And I also thought Julianne and Helio's last dance was more entertaining.

I voted for Helio and Julianne because they did well, Julianne is so amazing, and Helio's enthusiam is infectious. He did mess up on some of the steps, but I think everyone messed up on something.

Well, that was a fun season. Can't wait to see who wins tonight! Kim :)
  8. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I agree about Maks' comments regarding Marie. He may have been right, but there was no need to put it out there in the media. I forgot, Marie did get a little mouthy last night, even her partner was trying to distract her while waiting for the judges' scores.

I hope you have had fun watching this season. I wonder when next season starts? My neighbor actually got to go to one of the shows, a "results" show this season. She said you can sign up online to be in the audience. I forgot what the website is, but I am going to ask her for it again. Have a good day, Kim :)
  9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

But I could only vote one time!! The line was busy. I kept hitting redial, but only got through one time!!

I hope Heleo wins!!! If not him then Mel. Let's all hope that all of Jenny's votes went to Helio or Mel and not Marie!! Nothing against her, she is just not the best and the best should win!!

I hope I can stay up long enough to see who wins.

10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hi! Were you able to try to vote online? That's what I did. They just let you do it 5 times in a row, without resigning in. I know it's too late now, but just thought I'd let you know, in case you're able to try it next time! Kim :)
  11. kjade

kjade New Member

Yes, I was pleased with the outcome. He was so truly happy and excited about his win. His enthusiasm really grew on me, and I grew to adore them both.

I think Mel & Maks were really disappointed.
  12. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I was really happy with the outcome, Helio and Julianne did a great job! Mel and Maks' last dance was awesome also, kind of made up for the disappointing show last night.

So, I am reading my front newspage on my email, and it says Helio and his fiancee just broke things off, announced this morning. But, he was also on a morning show and he said he was engaged. Hmmmm.....did anyone else hear this? Did sparks fly between Helio and Julianne? She definitely kissed him this time around, Lol! Maybe it's just all rumour flying around because they won.

Last night's show was fun to watch, can't wait until March. I think that's when the next one comes out. Kim :)
  13. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Yeah, Mel was pretty likeable on the show and her laugh is pretty hearty! I never saw the interviews with Larry King, but I don't like it when people go on those shows to air their dirty laundry. Maks kind of bummed me out when he dissed Marie. But, overall I really do enjoy the show for the reason that it is not like most reality shows. You know, where they do the side interviews and talk behind each other's backs.

Well, the info. about Helio and his fiancee is probably incorrect. It was on my Google homepage news. I hope the spin off show is good. Have a great evening. Kim :)
  14. kjade

kjade New Member

What did Maks say about Marie? I tried to quickly read through the thread but didn't see it.

I had heard a few weeks ago that Helio broke up with fiancee, so I'm not sure it has anything to do with Julianne, but who knows?

I too noticed that Maks was very affectionate with Mel. To me, it seemed like he had fallen for her - the way he looked at her and stuff. Did you see when they panned to her hubby? He did not seem too thrilled at all, and she seemed uncomfortable, but that was just my take.

Celine Dion doing DWTS? I thought about it last night when I was watching her, and then I thought no....she wouldn't do the show, b/c she thinks she's too good for it. Maybe I'm wrong?
  15. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Did anyone notice as the show ended last night and all the contestants were hugging and stuff, Marie totally ignored Maks. I don't blame her one bit. He should have kept his comments to himself, at least until the show was over.

And I do think Marie got a little mouthy with the judges on Monday, but that didn't cost her a win. I think she was just plain out-danced by Mel and Helio. I still think Sabrina should have won it though.

I just posted to S-Elaine that MSNBC has a poll on who next season's stars should be. Axl Rose is one of the nominee's. Oh brother! That's as goofy as Billy Ray Cyrus was!

16. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

What's this about Helio breaking off his engagement? I thought he was wearing a wedding band!Also, I heard that Apollo and Julianne were an item....
  17. yes yes yes! HELIO and Julianne won! I was so hoping. Mel b is good but like someone said she is experienced dancer in her singing group. Marie's personality kept her on longer I think. JMO. The doll dance was not a dance I agreed , it was lame. Helio is such a happy person and the two just flew on the screen.