Dancingstar and Elsa from Dee

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you Dancingstar for your concern.

My doctor just pulled me off Tramadol because of the headache it gives me even though the avdil take care of the headheache for me. My doctor was surprized that adding the avdil didn't give me more of a headache. The sick part was the nausea the Tramadol caused me. Now he has me on Soma 350mg. 3 pills in 24 hours or as needed.

I stopped the Tramadol last night. I'm hurting bad this morning but made it to get my new meds. :) I started with 1/2 a soma pill this morning. I do that because I'm so sensitive to meds. No driving at first til I know what there are going to do.. My eyes are trying to close as I'm writing this oh no.lol

I'm getting all my paper work together for my first Social Security appointment-no fun they only give you 3 days to get it together and in to them (all the things listed on their pink sheet they send ya) and then a phone interview on the Nov. 14th @1:30!!
    Thanks for listening and sharing with me Have a great day
    Dee50
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

bumping my post this board fasts so fast :)
  3. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I'm so glad you went to your doctor. Headaches always concern me, ya know? Hopefully, the Soma will do the trick. I'll tell you, Advil does a pretty good job for me a lot of the time; so you never know what's going to work.

I hope you're out of pain and clear enough to get all your paperwork together. I know how difficult that can be sometimes. Let us know how you're doing; okay?

4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I've found a great Pain Managment D.O. doctor. We are trying a few meds of pain. He is wonderful. He writes me a script are a few of a pain med he wants me to try. First Tramadol now Soma.

But Soma is strong in the making me sleepy area! I'm taking 1/2 a 350mg. I feel heavy with lots of pain coming though. Today I'll take one whole 350mg. I no I can't drive on this med. My doctor says the sleepness should wear off in time. Hope so cause it feels like someone loaded more bricks on to my neck, hips ect... I don't know if you get that feeling with your pain but it's like being pushed down into the earth from heavy weights on your neck, shoulders and hips. And I don't lift weights!lol But my body seems to think I do.

Thanks for checking in with me
    Dee50
  5. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

How are you feeling today? Are your headaches any better?

Yes, when my pain is bad, I feel the same way, almost like I can't move. The grocery store is across the street, but I don't even want to go that far.

It's a shame that the Ultram doesn't work for you because it has helped me more than even the Norco, which is supposed to be much stronger. Are you adjusting to the Soma at all?

I'm most concerned about your headaches right now. Please be sure to go back to the doctor and gripe if they continue.

My lovely chiropractor actually talked me into going on a diet called Ultra Inflamex. I asked my doctor about it yesterday, and apparently, he also prescribes it. He even said I should use it to try to detox the Splenda out of my system...but that will be such a harsh, harsh diet for me to live with. Ickes! Two liquid meals a day, no dairy, sugar, caffeine, wheat, eggs, anything processed, obviously artifical sweeteners in my case, corn...the list goes on and on. Rice. I can have rice and some veggies. ugh!
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi there,
    I'm doing much better today. Thanks for asking :)
    My doctor gave me some Liboderm patches after I talked to him about still being in to much pain. Well to me they are worthless. I called him back this morning and asked him if I could go back on the Tramadol while taking the soma. I'm not so sleepy from it (soma) now but the pain rips on though. He said to take 1/2 my tramadol and one soma. I've done that two times today 6 1/2 hours apart and had a good low pain day. No headache this time. My head feels a little different a little heavy but no headache. So maybe this combo is going to control my pain. He said to call him tommorrow with how I'm doing.

I don't think I like the sounds of your new diet. But honestly I feel my best when I eat only fresh organic vegetables. Tons of them. No sugar,flours,corn,wheat,rice,diary,pototoes ect.
    My colon is also very happy when I eat tons of my fresh vegetables.

Take care of yourself
    Dee50
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I think I now why I was getting headaches at first with the tramadol. I was using my natural progesterone cream the first few times when I tried tramadol. This time I was not. I'm now taking one tramadol 50mg and one 350mg soma 7 hours apart and it is controlling the pain. So so good not to be in pain:) And I'm ok to drive. I'm not tired from the soma any more at all.

Hows the new diet going? A new store just opened about 4 blocks from my home. I'm so excited about it because she carries organic vegetables-lots of them and is going to all year long.
    Dee50
  8. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Hi Dee,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of the problem with the pain medication so that it works for you without making you more sick. Hooray!!

I've changed my diet so much lately, but it does seem to be working. I'm writing this at 7:45 in the morning, and I feel pretty good, unusual, very unusual.

I don't think it is just the Splenda. I have been eating mostly natural foods, first protein and veggies, and if I need a starch, I have a rice cake right now cause my chiropractor has me on something called Ultra Inflamex, which is a medical food.

Also, after speaking with my internist, he assured me that I really do need to supplement my iron; so I got a liquid kind from Whole Foods. My period every other month is so heavy that I am probably losing a fair amount of blood, and my numbers are very low. He recommended that I buy the natural iron, made from veggies...so I bought it, and he may be right cause I'm feeling stronger.

Also, just because I couldn't resist, though I know I need to be tested first, I decided to try a cortisol product that my pharmacist says won't hurt me, just to see if it makes a difference in how I feel. Shouldn't have done it, but I have every symptom of low cortisol. You can see it on my body...so what the heck? I didn't want to wait until I get back to the doctor's office to be tested to see if I could feel better right now.

Well, between that and the ribose and all the other crap I'm taking, yesterday I went to the gym and worked out, even ran for 20 minutes. I was careful to stretch my entire spine when I stopped running, even used my Pilates machine before I went to bed to make sure my spine didn't tighten up from the running.

Sure enough, I'm fine today. I was surprised that when I was running I didn't feel winded in any way. That was the part that was shocking to me. I was most afraid of tightening up this morning; so I decided to be sure to stretch my hips and quadriceps when I was finished because those are two areas that will bring on problems throughout the rest of my body.

Guess all in all I'm being very careful and taking everything that I'm reading and learning into account in trying to heal. At least I think I'm on the right track...never really know until tomorrow or the day after with this DD.

I'm so glad that you will have access to organic fruits and veggies. They are all I will eat these days. If I eat the kind that has bee grown with pesticides, I notice a difference immediately. I'll bet you will feel much better when you are able to eat pesticide free foods all the time.

With all the information everyone on this board provides, we've got to start feeling better. :)

Love,
    Bebe