Daneen! Are you there?? toadgoddess here..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toadgoddess, Feb 7, 2006.

1. toadgoddess

toadgoddess New Member

Daneen! Yes! So happy to come in and see a name I regocnized, as well. WOW! Everyone is new! I didn't think i'd been away THAT long! I am glad to see the sight alive and well, but do hope some of the oldies are still kicking around. I didn't even see Micky or other moderators as I scrolled down a bit. Is she okay and around still?

Now you...I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. How awful. Did you live close to each other? I'm so terribly sorry. How long has it been? I've not lost mine yet, so I really cannot imagine with full impact, but I do think and venture to say that in time the pain will ease. Of course it will never dissipate, but after awhile, you'll be able to breathe deeper, I think. My prayers are with you.

I hope your health is well as can be and that you are holding up.
    Many warm hugs and blessings,
    toad (amy)

2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Bump for D
  3. neen85

neen85 New Member

My friend Suz told me that you were looking for me! She is a real sweetie,and is very ill like us. Mikie is no longer a moderator,but is still on here a bit.

Mable (Mayline)from the chit-chat board is still on here,but I think she is out for surgery. Tansy (from the UK) is still here,but I saw where someone posted that her computer was giving her a bit of trouble.

Thank you so much for your condolences. It was very unexpected. She had fought blood clots ever since I was born and her Mom had passed suddnly of a blood clot passing through the lung.

For some reason the doctor took her off of Plavix. The previous doc put her on it and she had not had a problem in 6 yrs.....prior to that she had fought them even with other blood thining meds. She developed a surface clot a few days later and went in....guess he put her back on it,then Dad found her in her chair with her head tilted back.

Prior to that she had fought e-coli and was in the hospital and had gotten thrush also,but 2 weeks prior had tested clear for all with a normal white count.

I have gone downhill so much since I was last on. I hardly go out of the house and have resorted to eating those "soup-at-hand" meals from Campbell's to get me by.

I am awaiting tests for my adrenals and other hormones (24 hr urine from my lyme doc). Just started back on Flagyl after some stomach irritation with the doxy.

New primary care doc fired me today and said I was mentally ill....more likely that than lyme disease. I made him look like an idiot.....there were just some medical things that he couldn't explain away...like a Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction and marker 41(?)....that shows a "flagella" or tail of "something" that God didn't put in me to start with!! (see the other post ...lapsis(?)..I think it may be entitled.."you won't believe what my doctor said to me"

I am getting on more now days,but don't read well. I have presumed ocular histoplasmosis (bleeding in back of eye) and the treatments (lasers and shots) caused a cateract...not to mention the POH can't be totally fixed.

I am going to try to make a habit of getting on regularly. I CAN'T tell you how great it is to see a familiar person on here! Hang in there TG! Your friend, Neen
  4. toadgoddess

toadgoddess New Member

My mother has had a clotting disorder since she was very young (has caused TIA's-minor strokes) and one not so minor, she has had veins stripped from her legs, has an artificial heart valve because of the clotting. She does the injections....brain fart...my mind is really going...I swear I've lost half of my vocabulary (a lot of good 8 years of college did, eh?) It's a med that's been around for a long time, not cumadin (spelling?), but the other one...anyway she has done the abdominal injections for years.

AND, get this-her mom, my grandmother died when my mom was only 5, due to a clot! Sounds as though we share some similar genetic crap.

I do remember Tansy and there are a couple/few names that look familiar from when I was gone awhile (again) and then just back briefly this summer to check in.

I will find your post about your primary. That really sucks. I know mine is at a pretty frusterated level. They are used to helping patients and I think when they have people like us, it hurts their ego. It would be easier if they just didn't have to deal with us (like so many others who would rather not). And I think its especially difficult if they're prescribing pain meds and have to answer to the DEA for patients like us who aren't terminal. We're just difficult.
    I don't know what has happened in your case, though so I'll find it and read so I'm not making any kind of assumptions.

Again, my prayers are with you. I'm sure you're feeling very fragile in every way posible right now and I'm glad you have a friend here (lots of them) who care. Tell her thank you for me, for letting you know I posted for you.

Hang in there and know that you are loved-
    Many blessings to you, Neen!
    toad
  5. toadgoddess

toadgoddess New Member

Thank you, for bumping for me so Daneen could see the post!

Nice to meet you!
    Amy
  6. neen85

neen85 New Member

Wow,sounds like we do have alot in common. Are you thinking of heparin??? I will probably have to do that soon. I just posted the whole sordid story of today under "Fired by new "doc" today:he thinks my lyme is mental illness!" Something like that anyway!

Just checked your profile again and simply get lost in the painting you have up! It is like being in another world. I have done some art in my front room using brick wallpaper. I tore it and used textured wall plaster sponged on around it. Then I hand painted cracks and recessed it with a "floating" technique so it looks like you are in one of those old downtown bouilding where the brick has been plastered over and is coming off.

I have some vintage art up and horse,hunting,and western collectibles. My large print is circa 1831 (I think) and is called "Horses in a Storm"

I started art lessons with my Mom,but got too sick to continue. SHe was really good. I love your stuff becuase it is unlike anything I have ever seen.....like a dream world all of your own.

I can't imagine what you have gone through to get all of your schooling completed. A gold star for you,my lady!!!!
    Love and Prayers, Daneen
  7. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Nice to meet you as well. Sorry you are not feeling well. I am having one of the worst times in my 10 years of my illness right now. Not sure what has happened, but I feel like crap big time. Hope things go better for the both of us soon. I see you are young too. I am 28, going on 100. Take care and hang in there.
  8. neen85

neen85 New Member

Hey Suz-see ya made it here! D