Dani - Weekly Atlanta FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Dani, I'm in Atlanta every Tuesday and Wednesday to get my I.V.'s. Really don't know how long this will continue, but I'm doing whatever it will take to get me back to feeling better. Actually, my blood work came back with 4 infections which I'm currently receiving anitviral I.V., plus oral Famvir for the Epstein Barr. And of course, these medications will also have an impact on the Mycoplasmas and CMV as well. As for the Babosesia, guess we will get to that when the Lyme report gets back in one more week. I knew I was really on a downward spiral but never dreamed I had so many infections going on in my blood. I'm quit sure all this surfaced from a very weakened immune response...........and when that happens, anything can come to the surface and play havoc on our bodies.

So, have you gotten your lab results back indicating what you are dealing with?????? How ae you doing?????? And, how often are you getting to Atlanta FFC?????

Hope you are feeling better and take care.........
    God Bless,
    DD
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

Hi I am going to the Philadephia center. I have high levels of EBV. Can I ask why you took Famvir instead of Valtrex? They give you so mnay to try I just didn't know which one works better. Did the antiviral IV give you side effects?
  3. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I go to the Atlanta FFC and have had 2 of the anti-viral IV's. I thought they would make me sick the next day but what I noticed was I felt better that evening and for a day or so afterwards!

I have lyme and 3 viruses one of which is EBV also.

Sandy
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

I had the IV on Monday, and they told me I may have a die-off reaction. Sure enough, that evening I felt like I was coming down with the flu. I took some Tylenol and tried to sleep it off. I was a little under the weather yesterday, but am mostly back to normal today.
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I've been doing the lyme treatment for 4 months now. I've only been able to do 1/2 of the abx because the herxing was so bad. I'm also taking Samento, Cumanda and the Heparin shots twice a day.

I just started the anti-viral, Artemisinin, and it has made me feel pretty lousy (not the viral IV though). I'm trying to get the Art. up to 4 tablets a day.

Lyme is scary but you can do it if you have to. Its a long, slow process and you really do feel worse before getting better. I'm pulsing my abx, 10 days on, 5 days off. Dr. B. was ok with that. Pain meds help a lot with herxing. I've also been nightly using detox foot pads which help tremendously with headaches, soaking in Epsom Salt bathes, dry brushing and exercise.

If you do have lyme, the best information I've found is on lymenet dot org. (I think I can say it like that.)

Ask away if you have any more questions,

Sandy
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

What are your detox foot pads? I'm always looking for headache help.

Thanks!

Katy
  7. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I read about them on my lyme board where a lot of people use them for detoxing. You apply them with adhesive to the bottom of your feet at night. They are actually black by morning. I take mine off as I get into the shower because they're sticky.

I understand you wear them for a few weeks until they get lighter in color and then wear them less (I haven't gotten that far yet.)

The website I buy mine from is HealthMarvels dot net. He has the best prices. There are different colors --- the gold seems to be a favorite. I ordered 100 last time I ordered but you might want to try 20 at first. I did that and then ran out, the headaches came back so I knew they were working.

Sandy
  8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks Sandy! Those detox foot pads sound interesting. They sound a little kooky, but, hey, I've tried WAY kookier! LOL!! Anything that will help get rid of these headaches sounds good to me!

Do you use them every night? How long have you been using them? Are you using the gold ones?

Katy
  9. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I use them every night. I think I'm supposed to until they get lighter in color --- less detox.

Yes, I use the gold ones. They seem to be the favorite.

Sandy