Dannybex: Brain Protection?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Jun 1, 2008.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/full/18/2/687
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2008]
  2. 28years

28years New Member

I checked the website. Looks very interesting. But confusing. Can anybody translate it into English?

It looks especially interesting considering Dr. Cheney's views on oxygen toxicity.

Is there a supplement that we can take to help with this?
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/minerals/manganese....So far I've linked 99% of my symptoms to a Manganese deficiency
    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2008]
  4. 28years

28years New Member

i think I'll try it.
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

If you decide to use Manganese or any other mineral, make sure you use a food source from a highly reputable company. And go to a highly qualified chiropractor (not MD) so that you can be monitored. And a chiropractor will help you to ward off osteoarthritis and many other so called "diseases" that we are led to believe are a natural part of aging. Many of these "diseasess" are not "diseases" at all. They are conditions that are an end result of mineral deficiencies. Sufficient minerals, balanced correctly, are the key to good health. MDs don't check you for mineral deficiencies because there's no money to be made in our using a few bottles of minerals. There is also no money to be made by curing someone. If we're cured we won't need to go to MDs.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2008]
  6. dannybex

dannybex Member

I was just stopping by when I saw your post.

For everyone else, the reason woofmom posted this, is that I read years ago that manganese (along w/b-6 I believe) can help convert glutamic acid (which overstimulates the brain and nervous system) into GABA, which calms the nervous system.

If one is overstimulated all the time, pain increases, brain fog gets worse, and I would guess -- just a guess -- that our immune system becomes unbalanced.

But MANGANESE -- not magnesium! -- can be helpful, and also helpful if you have hypermobility.

I read about manganese in a book called "The Healing Nutrients Within" by Dr. Braverman.

Woofmom...did you see my post about too much panthethine can be a problem (because it can make one's cholesterol levels go TOO low)?

It's all a balance. I wish I could afford the Spectracell test...

THANKS!

d.
  7. woofmom

woofmom New Member

The chiropractor I'm seeing is Fantastic. They not only fix the spine, muscles, nerves, and connective tissue, but they also do hair and spit tests to check for minerals. If I understand correctly Pantethine, as well as some of the other stuff I take isn't needed if I get the right minerals. A bunch of processes in the body can only take place unless the right amount of minerals are present.