Dar and Molly

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Aug 5, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I know there has been a lot said about herxing and whether or not it's worth it over on the FM board. I think it is worth it, I just don't want to overdo it.

I was wondering if you could tell me how bad you hurt when you are in a herx. I really don't know whether I am pushing to hard or not with the azithro.

My pain seems all over my body, with intense pain in my joints. And fatigue that feels like a ton of bricks on my shoulders, no matter how much I sleep or not. And I get intense burning in my larger joints like my shoulders are the worst, hips and knees. And migraines that feel as if my head will explode. Also I get headaches that last only like 10-15 seconds, but feel like an icepick shooting though my brain, and my eyelids jerk afterwards. Do you get anything like that? I have these pains anyway, the azithro just makes it unbearable, I guess.

I just wondered if this sounds like your pain symptoms or not. My mom keeps telling me she doesn't think it is the Lyme making me so sick. She doesn't think Lyme can make you sick for this long. She just had triple bypass heart surgery, so I'm not going to argue with her much about it. She had surgery 2 months ago, and I'll be danged if she isn't getting around better than I am!

It must be nice having a twin, I sure wish I did! Maybe I'd have someone I could count on to help me when I needed it. You gals are lucky!

Sending soft hugs your way,
    Kellyann
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

for what it's worth, my son experiences many if not all of these herx symptoms when on the azithromax, including the head pains ... when he's taking it now, he takes it with mepron, septra, and flagyl, all on a slightly different schedule M-F with weekends off and only for 2 weeks at a time as that is all he can handle.

My DH, his father, would rather he try something like the herbs and Rife at this point 26 months into treatment, but my son says that while he still has his difficult times, they are in no way as difficult or as bad as they were 2 years ago. So he sees himself as slowly but surely getting better, altho he's certainly having fluctuations unfortunately.

Hope that helps...

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 08/06/2007]
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Bless you for the kind words. I sure need them this morning. I think I'll stay away from the fm board and stick to the chit chat and this board.

I do get those sharp pains in my in my brain, they are right behind my eyes. And they do not last long. These are new to me in the past month or so. They surprise the heck out of me and I'm sure glad they don't last long.

When I initially started abx, I would get major muscle pain and joint pain and extreme exhaustion, but nothing I couldn't handle. And it was (still is) hips and knees mostly with some in my shoulders and even toes. Molly's herxing was much worse, but she was on more meds until she changed drs.

I believe that some amount of herxing is necessary, but too much can be harmful as well. Maybe you can ask your dr to reduce your dosage of zithro and then work up to the dose you are on.

My herxing now is much less severe. Mostly being tired and I can sleep, I don't have babies to watch.

Yes, I am lucky to have Molly. We have shared most everything all our lives. How ironic that we share this illness as well!!

hugs back
    dar
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I feel somewhat better off the artho for a bit.
    Victoria, I just hate it that your son has this DD at such a young age! Please tell him I am praying for him.
    Those sharp sharp pains in the brain do seem to be right behind the eye, I hate when they happen when I'm driving the worst!
    Yes, I do take pain med, I take heavy doses of percocet, oxycotin, topamax : for migraine100mg 2 times a day, effexor 150 mg a day And I still hurt through all of that.

Well i am going to try and get some sleep. my shoulders are on fire tonight though. they really feel as if there is a fire burning inside the joint. not a pleasant feeling. So painful.

I thank you all so very much for being there for me, you have no idea how much you mean to me! God Bless you all!

You guys are my angels!
    Kellyann
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

How have you been doing with your treatment lately..

I was reading your posts on ChitChat. So sorry you have all that stress about your grandbaby and now your daughter, on top of the Lyme, just wondering how you're progressing. I hope it'll all work out, and I'm hoping you're feeling better...

all the best,
    Victoria

6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Molly, I can really relate to your herxes. I had the same exact symptoms initially- fatigue, flulike malaise, anxiety, depression, crying spells, etc. and this was on Cumanda!

It's 2 1/2 months later and I'm only up to 11 drops twice daily. I just couldn't handle it any faster. I still don't have a Lyme diagnosis yet, but would I herx so bad if I didn't? I've made modest improvements, but at least I'm going in the right direction.

Linda from the Michigan Lyme Assn. is great! I've spoken to her, and she was so encouraging. Thanks for the tip.

CherylSue

7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Listen to your body and don't worry that you are only on 11 drops. Everyone is different and it seems like this is working for you.

Yes, Linda is great. I will get to meet her in person this weekend. We have a fundraiser in Garden City Park on Saturday where I will get to meet lots of other lymies that I have been corresponding with via email. Molly and I are going together. I hope we both feel good enough that day!

Take care!!!
  8. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Hope you had fun at your fundraiser. The weather in Chicagoland was beautiful, and I trust yours was, too.

Thanks for the support. I made an appt. to see Dr. CC in Springfield, Mo next months. My hubby is driving me. Last week I sent off a specimen to Igenex for the IGG and IGM western blot. I hope to get a definitive diagnosis. I also suspect I may have babesia.

I'm up to 12 drops twice daily of Cumanda, herxing, but having some good days thown in mixed with the bad.

On another forum, someone likened our progress to the stock market, having its ups and downs, but we need to take in the overall picture. Are we getting better overall?

I may be, but it is slow and grueling. I wish I could wake up some day and be healed. That would be a miracle.

Kellann, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry you are hurting so much.

Hugs to all,
    CherylSue
  9. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Thanks for the words of encourgement. Today, my skin is burning, my head is lightheaded, and the malaise is making me anxious. Yes, I keep taking my burbur, and often. The last 2 days have been rough.

What is lymph drainage? Where do you have that done?

I'm glad your fundraiser was a success.

Hugs,
    CherylSue
  10. pawprints

pawprints New Member

The Lymph drainage sounds great. I will have to check in this area for one. Does your person use her/his hands or a machine?

I think it gets everything moving and helps us detox.

Glad you have a chance to meet some other lymies!!
  11. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I'll have to look into that in the next month or so.