Dara

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Megster, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Megster

Megster New Member

Thanks for the info. Don't seem to be getting much else. I wish I knew of some way to really check on the pressure changes, as I know that it is deffinitly a problem for me. Still, I have quite a lot of family up there, so maybe it's time to put them to work for me and see what they come up with. It's so hard to know, and there's no way that we could afford to move up there unless it was going to be for 5 years or more. I just know I love it up there. My family (Aunts, Uncles, cousins) have lots of farm/forest land up there, and it's so beautiful. I'd also have a built in best friend as my favorite cousin lives in Portland, which is something I don't really have here. And as I've been fairly issolated from extended family all my life, it would be nice to have that, for myself and for my daughter. It's also closer to my husbands parents (they've retired to Alaska), but would put me further away from my father (lives in Texas). Sigh...so much to think about.

Anyway, thanks for the info, and if you have any more, I'd sure appreciate it.

Meg
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

I'll let you know. Would it be possible for you to take a vacation and spend it in Portland with your relatives? It might be long enough for you to be able to tell if the pressure changes bother you or not.

Last winter I went to Scottsdale AZ, thinking that the warm weather would really make me feel great. Yes, the sun and warmth did feel good, but it really didn't make any difference as far as the morning stiffness and generalized pain. I guess you never know...

Dara
  3. Megster

Megster New Member

Yeah, my hubby and I have talked about the possibility of going out there. His great Aunt lives there, and me being there would acutally be or benifit to her, as I could help with cooking and such. I just know that if I do go out, it would have to be for a full month, as I just have too many changes with hormones for anything less to be an adequate test. It's hard to think of leaving my hubby and my daughter for that long, though. It would be tough on them, and I'd miss them horribly, so that might defeat the whole purpose. We're still tossing it around.

Blessings,

Meg