Dark circles under eyes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AmandaW, Mar 3, 2005.

1. AmandaW

AmandaW New Member

Is this just an FM thing, due to non-restorative sleep? No matter what I do I can't get those dark circles to go away... creams, iron supplements, anything. I can't even cover them up with concealer, they're that dark.

Do most people with FM have them? Do you? Does anyone know why, and how to treat them?

Best wishes to all of you.

<3
  2. shelbo

shelbo New Member

sometimes these are hereditary! When hereditary they can be made worse by other things, too much salt...that'll cause puffiness too...dehydration...allergies....congestion...lack of restorative sleep...poor nutrition. I would go to a few reputable counter and have an MA take a look...they must get people with v dark shadows...and I would try to get some fresh air every day if you don't and increase your water intake!
    HTH Shelbo
  3. irish8889

irish8889 New Member

Sometimes due to thyroid level problems. IMO, the usual test MDs use for thyroid are WORSE than useless.
  4. Gly

Gly New Member

Yes, I get them, too and had the same questions. Just wanted to let you know. I have a really hideous picture of me with the circles. If anyone's interested, I can post it temporarily with my profils.
  5. violarose1

violarose1 New Member

i have them:(
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

I have them BAD

I have heard that it is from food allergies (which I do have)
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

I went to the makeup counter for foundation, and the salesclerk said - have you considered using under eye concealer??

I said "do I need it?" She replied "yes"

So I started to apply a sample, and looked at her afterwards - She said "more". I put another layer on, and she said "more".

So, do I have dark circles under my eyes?

YESSSSSS!
  8. tinalinn70

tinalinn70 New Member

They have just started getting worse lately. I look like I haven't slept in days!
  9. bakron

bakron New Member

People with deepset eyes will have them. My mother was accused of not getting me to bed enough when I was a child. When I'm sick or in a flare, they are much worse than usual. One of my doctors told me that they were due to allergies.
  10. DFL

DFL New Member

yes, I have them bad, I thought it was from lack of sleep, but I also take a lot of iron from bleeding on the inside where I had colon removed. Concealer will not cover them!!!!!
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

Since i was 13 people have been telling me I look tired, even tho I might've felt really good! What a downer! Nobody else in my family had this.

a doctor in the past 10 years told me that had I had thyroid meds way back when, I could've gotten rid of them. The dark circles predate my CF.

V
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

those circles predated any problems for me... <BR>
  13. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Ohhh Yes! the dark circles:( i never had them till i got sick, and the older i get the worse they are.<BR>
    a few days ago i was eating out with my Cousin, it must have been the lights shining on my eyes just right, she looked at me & said " Holy Crap! who hit you in the eye!"lol<BR>
    well it scared me, so i went to the restroom to check it out.<BR>
    <BR>
    i came back & sat down & told her "thats CFS eyes" dont know what helps, and cover up can only do so much... Sigh. i never used to look sick, now it's catching up with me :(<BR>
    Kat
  14. victoria

victoria New Member

as I wrote above in '06,<BR>
    Since I was 13 people have been telling me I look tired, even tho I might've felt really good! What a downer! Nobody else in my family had this.<BR>
    <BR>
    A doctor in the past 10 years told me that IF I had been given <BR>
    thyroid meds way back when, I could've gotten rid of them. <BR>
    <BR>
    The dark circles predate my CF.<BR>
    <BR>
    (CFIDS problems started after having mono for a year at 19)<BR>
    <BR>