Dark circles under eyes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krysa, Feb 25, 2006.

1. krysa

krysa New Member

I have very dark circles around my eyes. I can't use any cosmetics. Are there any natural remedies?
    I appreciate your help.

Krysa
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

My derm says it is part hereditary and part allergies. I have tried several creams and one was a script but none worked so far. When I look at my mom and my aunts they have the same thing. Wish I had an answer!

when you say vitamin E do you mean break it open and rub it in or take it? Lynn
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I use a vitamin K,comes in a little jar, got it at CVS, it works wonders, I had bad dark circles, that have lightened a lot, and I don't even use it as often as I need too, but it's still better!
    ~Karen
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

vitamin k cream is helpful. Sometimes using an herbal tea bag over the eyes helps.
    Sometimes it is herdity and there is not much that can be done about that.
    Some mineral make-ups are good( I know you said you can't wear make-up, didn't know if you knew about Bare Essentuials mineral powder).:)
    Take care, Claudia
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I just hate it~
    Proof to me on how bad I feel inside.

If I go without make-up,..(and I do alot) I will not go without TRYING to conceal/hide my under eye dark circles.
    That is a must for me.
    I feel too self conscious wearing nothing at all.
    I like that brand physicians formula.

I'm not aware of anything natural that helps,
    except more sleep.??
    something I'm about to try right now :)
    Night all
    Tandy
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/25/2006</i>]
  6. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Krysa,

If you have never tried this product and you are interested in being able to cover the dark circles, try it. It is wonderful. I am allergic to everything and I can wear this brand. At first it seems kind of expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. One small container of foundation will last me at least 3 or 4 months. It's great.

Linda
  7. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I've had huge dark circles under my eyes which developed about 10 months ago. At one point a doctor even asked if I had been hit, my eyes looked bruised.

Last month I started taking ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushrooms)as suggested by my accupunctist. It's for cleansing & immune support. One pill per day didn't seem to be doing much, but 2 pills a day suddenly has almost cleared up my dark circles. I was shocked at how sudden the improvement was.

Plan to keep taking them & see if the circles completely go away or just become smaller & less obvious. Will monitor what else the mushrooms do.
  8. krysa

krysa New Member

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will try vitamin K, E, Bare Essentuials and Reishi Mushrooms. Hopefully something will work, at least a bit. Good sleep helps but very little.
    Thanks

Krysa
  9. sleepless_in_tx

sleepless_in_tx New Member

Where did you get the mushrooms? I also have very dark circles around my eyes...I've had people think I've been hit too.
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Hi krysa!

I have always had dark circles. When I was in the first grade, the teacher asked my Mother if I was getting enough sleep! LOL :<)

Later, I learned that I had numerous allergies and underlying autoimmue problems.

When I feel well, the circles aren't noticeable. When I'm miserable they are really evident.

I use a chamomile cream stick that I found advertised in a magazine. It's cool, and it makes my eyes feel really rested and good. I can't say that the circles are any better with it, but it helps me feel better. It was suggested to me to use chamomile tea bags. Get them wet with cool water and place them over closed eyes while lying down. I haven't done that as yet, but will give it a try.

I don't like to use oils, so I can recommend any.

I don't like make-up and so don't wear it at all to try to conceal the circles. I simply live with them and have accepted the fact that I will have them because I'm ill.

Warm hugs, Jeannette