Dark Elbows?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by billiegail, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. billiegail

    billiegail New Member

    I would have posted this on the Chit Chat board, but I am unable to visit any board but this one tonight. It always gives me a blank page telling me it is not available. I hope there is not something wrong with the board.

    Anywho, I have dark elbows and I know there has to be a way to get them light again. No matter how much I scrub, they do not lighten and I have even used that little thing that you use on your feet.
    Do any of you have any suggestions?
  2. Shirl

    Shirl New Member

    Have you tried an exfoliating cream? I use Adrian Arpel's (Signature Club A) '5 in 1 Essentials Cream', it is sold by HSN on the web or on the tv. Its really a good one. She also has one for the body or the face/eyes. The one for the face and eyes comes in a 'Piggyback' jar, with the eye cream on top/face cream on the botton all in one.

    I got rid of the dark spots on the elbows, and one on my upper lip (I think it was a freckle :) with the face cream. Sometimes it dead skin and these creams will removed them in about a week.

    If you are trying to get to the Chit Chat Board, just click on the 'CareGivers' link, it will take you to Chit Chat! They are obviously having a problem with this. It has been reported.

    Shalom, Shirl
  3. billiegail

    billiegail New Member

    I'll try your suggestions and hope they help. My elbows do look ashy and dry. My whole body does and I am always putting lotion and bath oils on my skin and nothing is helping anymore and the elbows are just ugly to me. I hope that stuff works.
    Thank for sharing.
  4. MtnDews

    MtnDews New Member

    I forget what it's called...but it has a name. Read about Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and often knees, elbows, are darker where the bones stick out. Ask your doctor if that could be the problem. Of course few doctors are familiar with EDS, but you can read up on the internet and see if anything clicks and then take it to the dr.