Dark undereye circles?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by purpleleaves, Aug 27, 2005.

1. purpleleaves

purpleleaves New Member

Me--big time. Who else? Do we have this in common?
  2. sieramocha

sieramocha New Member

hi i don't but my daughter does bigtime
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

has been working. It was expensive - $95.00 for a little tube. She just uses a little but people have been noticing the improvement. It was in our May Co. store next to the "Better than Botox". I think it has hylexa or hylexia in it. She said she saw it cheaper on eBay.
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I'm a racoon and the less sleep I get the bigger the bags and dark circles. I've always had this. When I was 2l I went on one of those "If it Tuesday it must be Belgium" type tours. My Mom said they hardly recognized me when I got off the plane. I slept for 2 l/2 days sraight when I got home.
  5. Nanledaroe

Nanledaroe New Member

Add me to the list. Some days my husband says I look like I have 2 black eyes.
  6. over50

over50 New Member

I guess allergies and this FMS/CFS.
    I try different cover ups,but NOT for $95.
    Now I am using Bare essential mineral makeup,bisque powder with their great little brush.I think I just heard on tv Sally Hansen has a cheap,but effective eye concealer.

Take care,
    Linda
  7. heartinheaven

heartinheaven New Member

in her family look like the Lone Ranger with his mask on.
    Thier's is a hareditry thing, the derm's told them it was thining of the epidermis around the eyes, not much they can do but cover up.

Blessings,

H Michael
  8. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

are related to allergies. My son and hubby both struggle with sinus allergies and I can always tell when they are worse by the circles.

I also have the dark circles and they seem to be related to either too little sleep or too much sleep when I am in my 15 hour a day sleep cycles.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2005]
  9. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I use Physicians Formula "yellow" concealer. I like the lipstick looking one better than the one in the tub (it's a little creamier)
    Also, I use a self tanner by Neutrogena that seems to make my other skin darker so the dark circles are less noticable.
    Very affordable.
  10. lilbird

lilbird New Member

the dark circles are bad, but the puffyness is worse. Makes me look 10 years older than I am.

11. lilbird

lilbird New Member

forgot to say, I also have been using the stuff from Macy's for 95.00 a tube. Only a week, but I think I can tell a little difference.
    Cathy
  12. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I bought some concealer from Mary Kay cosmetics that works very well. the undereye circles do get worse when I eat the bad stuff, too many carbs, too much sugar.
    Sue
  13. lease79

lease79 New Member

Love my bags... NOT!
  14. libra55

libra55 New Member

They call 'em "allergy shiners". I have them, and my youngest child has them really bad, she has asthma, eczema, lactose intolerance, and is allergic to everything outdoors.

I don't have a solution. Sorry.

((((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  15. Dolphin82

Dolphin82 New Member

I have had them for ages,and cannot find anything to conseal them with only foundation cream.Hate them wish i didnt have them at all.

Dolphin82
  16. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I have been in health care for 15 years, and we could always tell a kid or adult with allergies from the circles under their eyes.

I had allergies as a child and had the circles under my eyes. I guess they like to stay there, because I have no trouble with allergies now, but still have the circles. I think the bags saw them and thought they'd join in too, because now I have both.

M J
  17. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I try to ignore them when I look in the mirror, but sometimes they bother. Sinus and allergy also make them more noticeable to me atleast
  18. Empower

Empower New Member

I have been told usually are allergies or lack of sleep of course

FUNNY STORY - I was buying making once, and the snooty clerk said "I think you need some undereye concealer, here put some on.

I did, then she said "you need more".

So I put more on and she said "MORE"

I was ticked at the time, but had to laugh afterwards. Guess I looked pretty bad!