Darn-broke my ankel!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shadowsfire, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Shadowsfire

Shadowsfire New Member

Well last monday I broke my ankle slipping on mud in the pasture. So does that make me queen of the klutzes? I'm in a cast for at least 6 weeks, probably more.
    Yesterday I started getting sore all over my body so I think it has triggered my fibromyalgia to act up again. Doesn't help that now I can't get to see my chiropractor to get adjusted -that WAS really helping. I was feeling so much better I was starting to think I really didn't have it. So during our move (yep we just moved into a new house) and fixing up the place to bring my horse home, (dang thing was done-I was only doing final touch ups) I brake my ankle from pushing so hard-I really cannot do as much as I used to, if I try God sends me back to sit on bench for a while. LOL

Does anyone know if the Fibro will slow down the bone healing? I sure hope not.My regular Dr (I saw him in Dec-I think) isn't much help as he only made this scoffing sound when I told him what the chiro said about Fibro. Sigh He is no help.
  2. angeleyes3815

angeleyes3815 New Member

I don't know about you but it dose slow me down in healing. I sure hope it don't you.
    angeleys3815.

Good Luck
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

ON GETTING A BONE INFECTION FROM BREAK. Get blood tested every couple of weeks. Broken bomnes can be a real problem for people with FM or on ,meds.

Heal and be well
    Love Anne
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I am sending you good wishes for a speedy recovery. I think if you upped your calcium intake that couldn't hurt.

I'm sorry it has put you in a flare. I broke my second toe a few years ago and didn't even go to the doctor and it healed in like 4 to 5 weeks on it's own. Because of my FMS meds, it really didn't hurt all that much, but at first was black, red, and purple near the first joint. Yeah, I know I should have gone to the doc.

I think they would have just taped it up and I would probably have taken the tape off when I got home.

Good luck and hope you will feel better!

Hugs,
    Faye

5. what a bummer! Nothing like a foot/ankle injury ! I hope it heals fast for you.
  6. Shadowsfire

Shadowsfire New Member

Your right about the big toe, all they do is to tape it to your next toe. Hubby broke his a while back. Hey I gues she has had some injuries along the way too-I thought I was the only one. Course then mine are always worse.I don't remember him missing work for more than a couple days in anything. Glad one of us is OK. LOL
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your broken ankle. What a bummer!

I don't think the fibro will slow down your bone healing. I broke my foot a couple years ago and it took almost a full year for it to heal - but that was due to my diabetes.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery ......

(((Hugs)))
    Janet
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

atleast it was only your ankle....and not more...

i hope this time passes quickly for you...

jodie
  9. Shadowsfire

Shadowsfire New Member

Yes I am lucky it wasn't more, I felt my knee going too but luckily had worn a brace on it that morning. Its a tiny bit tweaked but not much. In fact when I called my hubby-now I am sooo happy I had my cell phone on me and that hubby was only 5 minutes away. Otherwise we would probably have a ambulance ride too to pay for.
    I'm feeling a bit better tonight.