Darn, I spoke too soon

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Oct 8, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

For over a year my fibro seemed to be in "remission." I'd get pain here and there, but it was usually only when a storm would move in...and then it would only be in my legs. Well, I'm sad to say the fibro has hit BIG time. I don't know if it's the cold weather coming that's doing it..but I'm hurting so badly. Last night I went out with a friend and my wrist was throbbing, which eventually progressed to my entire right arm. Now, today, my left arm is soooo painful from shoulder to elbow.

The problem is, I don't have any pain meds because it's been soooo long since I've had a flareup. So, I guess I'm just going to have to ride it out. I'm going to try a hot shower to see if the heat will help loosen me up. My muscles are spasming and twitching like crazy.

It's frustrating because I thought I was finally free from the pain aspect of all of this. I had accepted that the ME/CFIDS may never go away, and that it would be something I'd just have to fight through. But it was nice to not have to deal with both at the same time. Now the ME/CFIDS symptoms have calmed down over the last day or so, and the pain has started. I was amazed yesterday because I slept 13 hours friday night, and I actually woke up feeling pretty refreshed. I still needed my mid-afternoon nap to get me through the whole day, but the fatigue and feverish feeling wasn't as severe.

It's funny how the fibro and ME/CFIDS seem to be sooo distinguishable. The pain from fibro feels like someone is stabbing me in the muscles and joints, or it is like a very intense burning feeling. The pain from ME/CFIDS is more like an all-over achy, flu-like feeling. The fibro-pain also seems to be more localized. I can pin-point the exact spot where it hurts. Does that sound about right? Gosh, it's been so long since I've had a flare-up, that I don't even know what it feels like anymore.

Any suggestions on how to get through this without pain meds? I hate taking medication as it is.

Gentle hugs to all,
    Kim