Darn it!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NewEnglander, May 6, 2003.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I started smoking again, man oh man, what am I thinking. Like I don't have enough on my plate. wicked stupid. gotta stop it. k, now that I got that off my chest I would like to share a prayer so we will all get a good night sleep
    The Blessing of the LORD makes a person rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.
    Those who listen to instruction will prosper;
    those who trust the LORD will be happy.
    okay wrong scripture, but since I typed it out might as well keep it.
    K, here is
    You can lie down without fear and enjoy pleasant dreams. You need not be afraid of disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the LORD is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.
    proverbs 3:24-26
    Having trouble sleeping? claim that promise!
    Has any woman out there ever dream they were in labor. this happen to me a couple of times. Its like oh my God the contractions are getting closer, then I wake, Jump out of bed and take a couple of vicodins.
    what a merry go round of pain and pills. well it's a ride that I do not intend on staying on.
    Keep the Faith, never give up. take breaks, but never give up. so many times I just don't feel like I can continue on, but then I just do. I know some of you are thinking well easy for you to say. but its not, its even harder to do.
    someone just acused me of being incompetent because of the drugs I am on. really made me soooo angry.
    people should not judge,lest they be judged, right?
    God Bless u all and I pray you all will have a good night sleep, that alone is such a Blessing that so many people take for granted
    Lisa
  2. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

sorry to hear you were lured back to the weed - but be gentle on yourself! I read somewhere recently that it is harder to kick the ciggies than to give up heroin and with everything that we have on our plates...

I am on the other side of the fence. Stopped smoking on Sunday (not because I wanted to - I loved to smoke...but because I thought I ought to, to give my health a chance).

I am chewing nicotine gums like crazy, teeth feel like they are going to fall out, keep getting hiccups, and am getting sooooooo tired because I am having to keep busy to stop thinking about having a ciggie....if nothing else, we smokers get a lot of 'rest breaks'.

I have bought a few nice smellies, like body lotion and highly scented shampoo to try and re inforce the message to my brain that it is nicer to not smell like an ashtray - but there are still moments when I could murder one...

Don't give up giving up...just come back to it when you are ready.

I've given up loads of times (LOL). In fact, I'm really good at giving up - unfortunately, I'm marginally better at starting again....

good luck, keep us posted,
    hugs
    Mary x