Darrly Hall has lyme disease

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by mollystwin, Jul 26, 2007.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Darrly Hall of Hall and Oates has lyme disease and he is talking publicly about it! He has been on abx for a year and is improving, but still sick.

I hope he continues to talk about it and that others will get diagnosed.

dar
  2. grace54

grace54 New Member

I heard that somewhere too that he has it and hope he talks about it so some can get diagnosed. Hope you are continuing to improve.:)
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I am slowly continuing to improve. I think things will be much better when I'm done with my heavy metal I'V's. My last one is next week. Then I continue with my Chlorella for a while. I hope this helps me clear up my candida.

How are you doing?
  4. grace54

grace54 New Member

I wish I could say I am doing better but I am worse then when I went to FFC.

I don't know what is up with them as I call and talk with the nurse and she says she will get back to me and a week goes by and nothing. Then I call again and it's like she lost any notes she had and I have to remind her why I called in the first place. It can take weeks to get a question answered. I ended up e-mailing and complaining to the front desk and she called back. I am about done with them.

Its like if they cant help you they just drop you. They also said they never received the form from SS disability so all I got from them after spending thousands was my original diagnosis a year ago sent to SS. The SS examiner said it was so long ago I would have to see one of their DR's. I hope they don't turn me down because of that. I am not happy with them and I told them instead of not communicating with me to just tell me and I will move on.

I am trying to get to the bottom of this breathing /allergy thing and wonder if the t-3 is causeing it as I am up to 137.5 mcg from the FFC. I thought it was helping my pain but I just don'tknow at this point. Sorry to be a whiner as I ususally try to stay positive but I guess I am discouraged with everything at the moment. I know this too shall pass but it is certainly a challenge for us. Hope you continue to improve. Blessings
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I'm sorry things are not going well for you right now, that sucks. I can't believe the FFC didn't help you out more with your disability forms and phone questions after all the $$ spent there. I know that they expanded and were not planning to hire more nurses, so maybe the ones there are overextended. I remember them complaining about that the last time I was there in Jan.

With FFC it's all about money. It would cut in to their profit too much to hire more people. They have a very small staff with two doctors. The doctor I see know has a staff twice the size and he's the only physician. And his rate are a less than a third of what FFC charges.

I hope you can resolve those breathing issues. I wonder if it is the T3. I am still on 50 mgs of the ITC t3 and feel pretty good at that dosage.

I read your post on the other board that you got your Disability renewed, so that is very good news. Now you know what to do next time.

Take care and I'll pray for more improvement for you.

Dar

6. grace54

grace54 New Member

I can use all the prayers I can get. Yes I feel better now that I don't have to deal with SS for a while.

I have had that experience with the nurse down there for some time now and i asked her if she was overloaded and she said they were discussing hireing another nurse. She has always been very nice to me but I suspect she is getting burnt out.

I agree with you that it's all about money as far as the owners are concerned. I researched their site and could not believe all the high paid personel they have.It's no wonder to me that they have to charge so much. I think it's just a matter of time that some of these DR's will go out on their own and be affordable for the average person and take insurance.

I never did like that they excluded the majority of sick people who have often lost their jobs. I was just lucky I had a few bucks and I only went their twice and bought my supplemnts elseware after I walked out the door the first time with an $800 charge. I couldn't believe it and no one warned me. I couldn't sleep at night if I charged a sick patient that much. If it was an exclusive clinic for the rich and famous I could see it but most of us are not wealthy from what I read.

I think I am going to write to the management and tell my story in hopes that I can spare others some of the hassels I went through. I am not blameing them for my lack of recovery but they didn't have to give all that hype and promises and then lack of support when I needed it. I want to get checked again for lyme after treating it for a while and stirring up the bacteria so I can present that to them also even though I was told they don't miss any lyme patients:)I wish for Continused recovery for us all.